Chapter 33 - Party

Start from the beginning

"Oh wow. So, you and Harry are..?" He chuckles.

"Friends. Just friends." I sighed.

"But I though he was taken by you?"Janice asks.

"Nope, we broke up. The guy kissed another girl," I said so casually, it was unusual.

"And you're cool with that?" I nod. Then shook. Then nod again.

"So yes or no?" She giggles.

"Both. It's just complicated." I sighed before taking a look at the blonde cutie standing in front of me.

"Hi Niall," Preston greets. Following that, I grinned widely at him. And not because of the fact I was polite, but the fact that he was so hot tonight.

The flannel he is wearing was quite plain, but it suits him very well. I bit my lips, thinking of his soft hair I touched during our last kiss. His lips were vanilla flavoured for all I could remember.

At this moment, I see Taylor and Harry strutting towards this gathering. Taylor was such a sweetheart, but I hated that she was dating Harry.

I had to make him jealous, I just had to.

"Niall, can speak to you for awhile?" I whispered into his ear. He agreed before they completely reached. We walked into the garden that was a few minutes away.

"Let me guess, it's about Harry?" Niall retorted, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I just.. I wanna-"

"Make Harry jealous, right?"

"How did you-"

"Obviously. So c'mon," he insisted, pecking my lips lightly. "Girlfriend." He smiles and I do too.

Honestly, I don't mind him calling me that.

"Let's say hi, shall we?" I nod as we strolled up to Harry and Taylor.

I cleared up my throat, greeting them with the classic party greeting, "Anyone wants drinks? We have everything from martinis to beer."

"I'll get red wine," Taylor replies back happily.

"I'll get the same," Harry answered.

"Okay, I'll get some." I walked to the cabinet of many many alcoholic drinks. I wasn't particularly good at choosing any nice wine, so I just grabbed the first bottle of red wine I saw.

"Le'Chaux 1976," I read the words imprinted onto the bottle. Obviously, I was nowhere near knowing this fancy wine.

"Need help?" Harry's voice startled me from my daze.

"I've got it actually." My head flicked up to see his gorgeous- I mean his face. His hair was pushed out of his face, showing his brilliant emerald eyes.

"Where's.. Taylor?" I asked the boy that usually had that girl with him. He looks back and points to the blonde lady and brunette female talking to each other.

"With my mom." He gave me his prized dimple smirk.

"That's nice."I faked a smile. That's horrible actually. "I'll see you in a bit I guess."

"Yeah, we should hang out more? I feel distanced from you, you know?" He shot his popular puppy eyes.

"Yeah." I muttered and gave him a weak grin.

This time, Niall stepped forward as if he was the hero of my situation. "You okay?" he asks, scooping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

I nod, giving him a huge and genuine grin. I think Harry can get the transition of my mood with him compared to with Niall.

"I think I should probably go find the others," Harry said almost whispering. We all knew he was already feeling that pang of jealousy, but we faked as if we completely knew nothing. Niall and I says 'okay' before he disappears into the crowd.

"We did a fairly good job, Horan."

"Oh yes we did."

We stood there staring at each other. This silence felt nice. Cue the 'leaning to kiss each other' scene?

"Grace!" Harmony's high-pitched (but bearable) voice called out. "So let's talk girl talk."

"Um, yeah sure." I shook off my blank face. Yes I know she's my best friend, but she really distracted me from doing any other move on Niall. Just saying.

"You okay?" Her concerned but confused face got me thinking she actually didn't mean distrupting me and Niall.

"Yeah yeah, we'll talk soon. I just, you know.." trailing off, talking indirectly about Niall.

"Oh okay Grace, I get you. Go have fun," she shrieked, smiling really widely. She leaves to find Louis waiting for her at the entrance of the mini garden.

"It's 3 more minutes to the new year," Niall states, looking at his bulky watch. "Come on." I smile almost instantly at him.

He held my wrist and I followed him to the garden. Many couples were there gazing at the stars. Some single loners here and there.

I also spotted Louis and Harmony being snuggled into each other's neck. They were sitting on the bench, holding each others hands. Aww so cute!

As I turn my head to scan the garden, I locked onto the couple I despise, Taylor and Harry. Even if they were only giggling to each other's jokes, it still infuriated me.

Lastly, I shift my head to Niall. He was just so cute, lovable and happy go lucky. If we were a real couple it would be awesome!

"Grace, you need like a drink or something?" Niall asked as the waiter passes out some drinks on a tray.

"Nah, it's fine, really." After the experience of me getting drunk, there was no damn way I was going to get some alcohol.

"A beer please," Niall told the waiter.

"60, 59, 58, 57..."

"They're counting down," Niall mumbled, pulling me closer to him. The 'Haylor' couple (as the internet says) was still in my sight.

"Grace, how cheesy and mushy this is, I'm still going to say it. From the first day, I liked you. You were the funniest, down-to-earth girl I've ever met. At that time, I only felt that we could be just friends as I was actually still dating someone else. It just fazes me on how I was going to get the girl. When the days goes on, I realise how caring you are, and how talented you are. Many other times I catch glimpses of you and I actually check you out." Niall goes on and on, causing my cheeks to feel warm and tingly.

"10, 9, 8, 7.."

"And I love you so much," he continued and I knew exactly for what he was asking for.

"Would you actually be mine, Grace Carly Persimmons?" He grinned immediately and I do the same.

"Yes, in a million years yes!" I yelled in joy. A smile crept onto my face, and I felt idiotic but so freaking happy at the same time.

"3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!" The crowd roared.

Niall and I both knew what to do. I closed my eyes to wait for Niall to make his move. He smashed our lips together and we tilt our heads to fit our lips like a puzzle piece. His lips tasted like peppermint this time, and his velvet soft lips were so nice to feel.

I cup his head with my small hands to get a better grip of his lips. I could hear the fireworks crackling as we stopped to admire the sky. It was blue, red and yellow sparkling right in front of our eyes.

We kissed passionately once again.

____________________________________

as promised, there will be a double update so read the next chapter following this too :)

see u in the next chappie

-Hannah ♥