The New Commander

The New Commander

A LeviHan (Levi Ackerman x Hanji Zoe) Fanfiction

WARNING: For those who are NOT manga readers/ anime watchers of Attack on Titan series by Hajime Isayama, I am warning you because the story might contain heavy spoilers! Do not read for your own sake!
--

The story takes place while the remaining nine soldiers from the Survey Corps made their way back to Wall Rose after their mission of retaking Wall Maria. It had been a successful and at the same time, a disastrous mission for the Survey Corps.

They came with 5 Squadrons only to be devoured by the Colossal Titan's transformation blast, and the Beast Titan's powerful flying rocks. There were so many casualties left in their wake, even the Commander of the Survey Corps, Erwin Smith sacrificed himself in able to achieve their mission.

The memory is still fresh inside Levi's mind while he washes his hands underneath the water of a flowing stream. After the mission that lasted a day, everyone felt dead tired and Hanji decided that they'd stop in the giant forest.

It was gore, the glimpses that were passing inside his head. While manoeuvring his vertical equipment gear on air and slashing a titan's nape, he saw it. He saw how the rocks shoot like a bullet from the pitch of the Beast Titan.

And where those rocks landed were not on the ground but mostly to his comrades' trembling bodies in fear of death. Including Commander Erwin, that was shot at his side and smashed his intestines.

Levi's hands fidget as he reached up for his face.

He was alive and safe for now but without the adrenaline rush he felt from the battle, he was naked. Any human could see how vulnerable he is right now because of his shaking limbs and shallow breaths.

A touch to his shoulder sent shivers down his spine. He looked up but only to be looked down by Hanji who had exhausted eyes - eye rather because the other one was wrapped with bandages. Under the forest they stopped over, under the giant trees' dark shades, her silhouette became his ray of light.

"Levi." Her familiar voice flooded inside his trembling mind. He closed his eyes and focused them again to Hanji. She was glowing, her figures emit light. He felt relief starts to flow in his veins.

"Shitty-glasses," he mumbled and looked away. "Are you fine?" he asked as he continues to wash his hands again and again. But no matter what and how many times he tried to rid them off, he can't get the callousness out of his skin.

"Clean freak, how many times have you washed your hands already?"

"I don't know, Hanji. Do you have any soap?"

Hanji laughed at his question with a croaked voice. It was evident that she was tired and that sums up all why she had seen Levi doing his fetishes again. "My apologies but you know I don't keep cleaning materials with me."

"I know. You probably didn't wash your hands yesterday after you shitted." Levi gave Hanji a look she could tell he was disgusted. Hanji just chuckled and squeezed Levi's cold palms.

"I just can't get this dirt out of my flesh." He showed his palms to Hanji again while meeting her gaze. His palms all looked white and thick, and rough but it was very clean, even his nails didn't have dirt underneath.

Hanji sat beside him, on the wet mossy grass flocked with tiny wild flowers near the stream. They could hear the snaps of branches near them, indicating that their subordinates are still alive and trying to survive for the night.

He breathes in Hanji's scent as she leans to look, and took his palms unto hers.

"What do you mean? They're really clean right now!" Hanji said. She sticks her dirty hands to his while slowly raising their hands in between the spaces of their bodies. They locked gazes for a few seconds, until Hanji suddenly burst out to tears.