"Sweetie, you have a text message."

Diana turned and took the phone, standing behind Flash who tried to peer up at the phone which was held just out of his eye's view.

from: Peter (6:26 pm)
What's up, Doc?

The text shocked a laugh out of her and she placed a hand over her heart, giggling. She shook her head at Flash who wanted to see the text, rushing to her room. She shut the door quickly, her heart fluttering.

to: Peter (6:27 pm)
Hey, Bugs, I never got the rest
of my present

She jumped onto her bed, one hand holding onto her phone, the other playing with the Pluto charm on her necklace. She wanted to berate herself for being so eager to hear from Peter, but she had been happy all day, she wasn't about to force herself to dampen her own mood.

The alarm shocked her out of her thoughts.

from: Peter (6:28 pm)
Tell your family we're going
out tonight and we'll be back
later. I'll be there around 8 we
won't be gone long

She glanced at her clock, surprised to find that it was already almost seven. She slowly walked back out towards the dining table, sending him a quick reply.

to: Peter (6:28 pm)
Okay I'll let you know what they
say. Eating here btw. I'm guessing
it's going to be cold?

"Was it Parker?" Flash asked, setting out the plates for dinner.

She hummed and nodded, playing with the edges of her phone. "Yeah, um...he's taking me out tonight? At eight? We won't be gone long and I told him I'm eating here, so..."

Rosie turned from where she was finishing up dinner—Diana had requested they not eat out in favor of Rosie cooking her favorite dish—and smiled. "Yes, Diana, you can go out with Peter tonight. I didn't know you two were dating."

"We're not," Diana said quickly, "We're just doing this for my birthday."

Flash hummed. "It's a classy move, I have to say." That was the closest to a compliment Diana had ever heard Flash say about Peter and the boy wasn't even there to hear it.

"You can wear that cute outfit that Gwen bought you," Jesse said, pointing to the bag by the door with the utensils she had in her hand.

Flash grinned. "Ooh..."

Diana scoffed and sat down, trying to ignore the teasing she had to endure all of dinner. It didn't dampen her mood at all, however, something she was grateful for.

She never really liked her birthday. Usually, something bad always happened or she was yelled at and, almost always, she cried. This was the first time since she could remember when her day wasn't ruined by herself or someone else.

"Can we eat some of Gwen's sweets?" Flash asked as they washed the dishes, Diana being exempted since it was her birthday.

In response, she walked to her bag and pulled out one of the containers. She then proceeded to eat one of the brownies right in front of him, laughing as he cursed at her.

"That was cruel," he whined, taking a bite of one of the treats Diana had finally given him, "Cruel."

"You're getting your own next week," she replied, covering the container and placing all of them in the fridge.

Flash sighed, but said nothing, opting to just point to the clock which let Diana know that she only had fifteen minutes.

"We'll hide in our rooms so we won't embarrass you," Jesse said, pulling Flash towards the hallway.