"Hon, are you alright?" Ed asked as he noticed me wincing in pain every now and then. About every ten minutes or so I would get pains. Maybe this was the start. 

"Yeah.. I'm fine," I said with a small reassuring smile. Ed nodded slowly at me, he was skeptical to believe me, but he didn't question me. He placed a tender kiss on top of my head and went to get Judy for dinner. 

"Dinner is ready, guys," mother announced as she carried a few of the dishes to the table and set them down. 

I couldn't eat, I was in no mood to eat, and just did not feel well at all. Everyone sat down at the table and Ed said the blessing. I put a tiny portion of each thing on my plate. I barely touched any of what I had on my plate as well. 

After everyone finished eating dinner, I went and sat in the living room with Ed who was also on the couch. I curled up on the couch with him and sighed heavily, of course I was in pain, a lot of pain. Ed wrapped his arm around me and held me close as we sat in the comforting silence of the room. 

Later that night when everyone had gone to bed, I laid awake staring at the ceiling. I finally got up to go to the bathroom, as I stood up from the bed, a gush came from between my legs. My water finally broke! I felt the excitement rush over me, then nervousness. 

"Ed, honey, wake up," I said shaking him a bit as I leaned over the bed. 

"Hmm?" He groaned as he stretched his body and slowly opened his eyes and looked over at me. 

"My water broke," I said simply and he quickly shot up out of the bed and nodded. 

"Okay, you just stand there, I will load up the car," Ed said in a rush as he reached in the closet and pulled out the overnight bag for the baby and I. He quickly changed into some other clothes. 

"Ah!" I cried out in pain as I grabbed my stomach. Now, these were much more painful than they were earlier. Ed was quick to move to my side and he wrapped an arm around me as he helped me sit down in the chair in the room. 

Once Ed finally gathered himself and got everything situated, we both headed down the stairs. Mom was there in her robe and smiling at the both of us. Mom pulled me in for a hug and wished me luck before we left for the hospital. 

When we arrived at the hospital, Ed rushed inside of the emergency room and a couple of nurses came out with a wheelchair. That had to have been the longest drive to the hospital, and I was glad to see the wheelchair come out. 

I moved to the wheelchair and was wheeled inside. Ed went to move the car, and he parked and came running up to my side as I was wheeled up to the labor and delivery floor. I was hunched over in the wheelchair and crying out in pain. This baby was ready to come out and make his or her appearance in the world. Ed and a nurse helped me into the bed and I was changed into one of the hospital gown. I was hooked up to a few machines to help monitor me and the baby. 

"Mrs. Warren, let's check and see how dilated you are," Dr. Baker said coming into my room with a smile. He patted my knee as I sat up a bit and he pulled up the blanket. Once his fingers entered me, that hurt like crazy. "You are about 8 centimeters now, it won't be much longer. You have dilated pretty fast." 

Contractions came and went, many of them getting much stronger as labor went on. Ed never let go of my hand as I cried out and squeezed his hand whenever a contraction passed. I was actually holding myself together real well, but I was really beginning to hurt. 

Dr. Baker came back in to check my dilation about forty-five minutes later. I was fully dilated by then, and people began to move into my room. Nurses came in and took their places, and Dr. Baker took his place along with the baby's pediatrician.

"Alright, Lorraine I am going to need you to give me a big push," Dr. Baker said as he placed my feet into the stirrups. My gown was pushed up and the monitor was taken off of my belly. I nodded my head as I took a deep breath and pushed. 

Ed encouraged me as I pushed, he held my hand tightly and the other hand ran over my hair and the back of my head. After Dr. Baker finished counting to ten, I was able to stop pushing and take a small break to get my breath back. 

"This next contraction, you need to push again," he said and I nodded as I closed my eyes tightly. Not much a break, but anything I can do to bring our child into the world, I would do that. 

"There you go, hon. You're doing such a good job," Ed whispered to me encouragingly. He patted my forehead with a washrag and fed me a little bit of ice between the times I pushed. 

After about an hour of pushing, our little boy made his appearance. He was crying and screaming at the top of his lungs, it was the sweetest sound I had heard since I last heard Judy's first cries. Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched the doctor assess our little boy. Once our son had been washed, the crying little boy was placed on my bare chest and I hummed lightly. 

"Hi there, little guy," Ed said sitting down in the chair beside my bed and he ran his finger over his cheek. 

"Benjamin Edward?" I asked looking over to Ed with a bright smile/ 

"I think that is perfect for him," Ed said with a smile and nod. He leaned up and pressed a kiss on top of Ben's head and placed a light kiss to my lips. 

The rest of that night, Ed and I spent with our little Benny. He couldn't have been any more perfect, and I was so in love with him. My overflowed with happiness and love. Ed and I took turns holding him that night, when both of us finally got tired enough, Ben was placed in his incubator and he slept on my side of the bed, and Ed slept next to me that night. 

A/N I hope you all liked this chapter! Little Benny finally made his way into the world! Sorry that this was not the best chapter, but I figured it was time to give you guys an update and a new chapter. 

I would also really appreciate if you guys checked out my other new story, Head Over Boots for My Professor.

I hope you all have a great day/night! 

DH