Chapter 5

Lorraine's POV

Ed and I spent the most of the early morning hours looking everything up about the land that the Perron's lived on. There were many things that we found out about the land.

Bathsheba was a witch back in during the Salem Witch trials. She cursed all of her land that anyone else lived on. It was wild how all of these people killed themselves after she cursed her land, a mother and son, a maid, and another little boy. She obviously did not want anyone to live on her land.

The tape recording was odd, Carolyn's voice was left out of the recording. I had begun to show everything I had found when the tape turned on. There were all kinds of different spirits to be heard in the recording, and our clock stopped at 3:07 a.m. the time that Bathsheba was pronounced dead.

Ed had made me go to bed to get some sleep before we got on the road to go to the Perron's house. I put my nightgown on, and climbed into the bed. I kept Ed's lamp for him so he could see. I was almost asleep when I felt Ed lay down in the bed.

Once Ed had laid down in the, I automatically scooted over to his body and curled up. He always knew how to comfort me, and that helped me sleep. From time to time I would wonder how I got so lucky to find a man like Ed. He is so sweet, patient, kind, loving, caring, protective, and the list goes on.

I soon woke up to find myself alone in the bed. The en suite light was on, and I knew Ed was in there. It was 4:00 in the morning. What was Ed doing awake so early? We didn't have to be up for another couple of hours and he was up. That was odd.

"Ed, honey are you alright?" I asked a s I opened the door slowly. I poked my head around the door and Ed was in there leaning against the wall. I could see that he was crying or something was wrong.

"I'm fine, Lorraine, go back to sleep," he said trying to reassure me. In the fifteen years that we have been together he had never been able to lie to me, now was one of those times.

"Ed, what is the matter, hon?" I asked growing worried about my loving husband. I pulled my nightgown over my head and threw it to the floor. I opened the curtain and stepped inside with him. Ed turned to look at me with tears in his eyes. "Honey..."

"I can't lose you, Lorraine," he said as he pulled me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and sighed. The water cascaded around our bodies as we stood in the shower together.

"You will not lose me," I whispered as I looked up at him, my eyebrows furrowed a little as I did. "We can't keep doing this, though. It could hurt one of us, Ed."

"I know, this needs to be our last case for a while," he stated as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

I pressed my cheek to his chest just to hear Ed's heart; that always calms me down. We stood in the shower for a while, until the water turned cold on us. After we dried off, both of us had gone back to bed. I had to reassure Ed many times, that I was going to be fine.

Once we had gone to bed again, I curled up close to Ed and he held me very close to himself. I drew circles on his chest and stayed close to him. I was not going to sleep until I knew he was sleeping soundly. I had fallen asleep around 5:30 that morning, Ed had been asleep for about forty-five minutes, peacefully.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Thirty minutes of sleep and it was already time to get up. I rolled over and pressed snooze on the alarm and curled myself up into a ball and fell back asleep once more. I felt Ed's lips press against my temple and he curled up behind me.

Luckily we did not have a set time that we had to be to the Perron home, because Ed and I did not get up until 11:00 that next morning. I rolled out of bed, applied some makeup and put my clothes on to go to the Perron home.