Dragon and the Princess

We all know the story about the princess trapped in the tower, guarded by a dragon, waiting for her prince charming to rescue her. But what we don't know, is what happened WHILE she waited.
The Prince Charming knew about her, and was plotting to save her; while he did that, he sent his trusted knight to check on her and ensure that she was still safe.
The knight was brave, always outsmarted the dragon, and did as his Prince commanded; and then some.
Oh, he'd do as he was told; but when he saw how beautiful the princess was, how could he NOT try and get some for himself? No strings attached and she was far away from any form of civilization. No one would hear her except the stupid dragon and what could it do when it didn't even know he was there?
Upon every visit, he'd take advantage of her, repeatedly. He spent hours at a time there, listening to her screams and her pleading. If she pleaded too much, he'd slap her because she deserved it and she probably wanted it too. He enjoyed every minute of it and he knew that her screaming was just a ploy, she loved it. When he was done, he'd leave her alone and report to the Prince that all was well.
When the Princess was alone in her room, she'd cry her eyes out; hating herself for letting him do that to her, hating the prince for sending him and hating the fact that he would return tomorrow again. She was totally oblivious to the dragon's eye peering through her high window.
The Dragon viewed all of this with great sadness and displeasure. It knew the knight came everyday, it knew what the knight was doing but it wasn't its place to interfere. At least it wasn't... Until the Princess saw it peering in. The Dragon didn't move, nor did the princess. Neither spoke, just shared a stare and in that stare the Dragon experienced every ounce of pain the Princess felt in that instant. If the Knight were to come again, it would be the end for the Princess. Dragon couldn't have that.
The next day the Knight entered the tower, walking with shield and sword in hand, walking smugly with a stupid grin on his face. The dragon circled the tower in the air, watching and waiting.
The Knight made it to the Princess's room and before opening, the dragon snatched him through one of the windows and held him up in the air.
The Knight screamed in agony, begged a little. The Dragon felt satisfaction. The Dragon grinned, showing its sharp teeth, causing the Knight to scream once more. 
The Dragon threw him up and down in the air like a ball, removed his armor, nibbled on him a bit, and roughed him up before bringing him to his knees before the princess.
The Princess looked at the Dragon as it handed her his sword. With wide eyes, the Princess took it and looked at the Dragon before looking at the Knight. He was frightened.
In that moment the Princess felt nothing, not a single emotion. She felt that way even as she slowly shoved the sword through the knight's heart while she watched the life leave his eyes.
Completely lifeless, his body fell to the ground, shoving the sword even deeper.
The Princess looked at the Dragon who was once again peering through the window. The Dragon's claw was extended, awaiting the Princess. Without hesitation, the princess climbed on until she was on the Dragon's back.
The Dragon took flight with the Princess on its back; far away from the only place the Princess ever knew.