14

the boys greeted the audience and talked a little while woojin and daehwi got the loudest cheers from their schoolmates.

when they returned backstage, donghyun ran to jooeun and wrapped his arms around her, enveloping her into a tight hug.

jooeun was stunned but hugged him back. there was no way that she could have prepared herself for what was to come.

donghyun let go of her momentarily, a nervous smile on his face. then, he leaned in a kissed her gently.

jooeun didn't even stop to think about what was going on around her. the sounds of daehwi and woojin squealing in the background faded out and there was only him.

the way he felt, the way he made her feel. everything about this made jooeun feel safe and warm and happy.

when they finally moved away from each other, the backstage area had cleared out because the next performance had started, the three other boys stood there silently.

"umm" donghyun said, not knowing how to fix the silence caused by his sudden actions.

"it's fine." youngmin said, coughing to cover up the fact that he was feeling extremely uncomfortable. 

"um, well. we should get going." daehwi and woojin said, excusing themselves to join their schoolmates in the hall. daehwi struck a pose and raised his eyebrows a few times at donghyun, who chuckled.

"do you need a ride? i can call you a cab. we came on my bike." youngmin told donghyun after the other two boys had left.

"i was thinking of walking jooeun home. is that okay?" donghyun asked, visibly shrinking under youngmin's gaze.

"walking? it's pretty far." youngmin looked from donghyun to jooeun, who was trying to nod at youngmin discreetly.

"well, we'll get a headstart first. see you at home, bro!" jooeun took donghyun's hand in  her own and pulled him out the side door to the place youngmin had parked his bike.

she placed a finger to her lips and climbed onto the bike, tilting her head for donghyun to follow after her.

he held onto her and she started the bike, laughing as they set off.

"i can't believe you stole youngmin hyung's bike!" donghyun said, glee evident in his voice.

"it's not stealing if he's my brother!" she said back to him, slowing down the bike as they reached a traffic light.

"oh no, he's calling!" donghyun said urgently.

"answer it. tell him im sorry and i owe him." jooeun encouraged.

donghyun didn't really want to answer the phone because youngmin was definitely angry but he did anyway.

he was met with youngmin yelling "im jooeun!!" into the phone. jooeun was startled because it was so loud that even she could hear his shout.

donghyun conveyed the message that jooeun had requested him to, trying his hardest to sound serious to youngmin who was still fuming.

"um, i suggest that you get a ride with daehwi and woojin after the event." he said.

jooeun couldn't help but let a giggle slip out and she started up the bike again.

"wow, hyung's really mad." donghyun informed as he hung up the phone.

"he'll get over it, youngmin's the type to forgive easily. besides, he's the best brother. he won't be angry for long." jooeun promised.

and she was right.

---

when they arrived outside jooeun's house, they both got off the bike and he helped her to park the bike where it should be.

"about the kiss-" donghyun began.

"i loved it, i really did." jooeun cut him off, a blush coming to her cheeks as she remembered the kiss.

"oh. i- well, im always here if you want more." donghyun said, suddenly shy and out of character.

almost at once, jooeun tiptoed and pecked him on the cheek.

"i'll see you soon, kim donghyun." she said softly.

"update me on what goes down between you and youngmin hyung." donghyun made a face.

"i'll text you." she unlocked her front door and opened it.

"dream of me. goodnight." donghyun said, putting his hands in his pocket to warm himself from the night breeze. he gave her one last smile before turning around and walking off. 

"i dream of you all the time."

///

finale in a few hours i am ready to be a sobbing mess & im so ready to see everyone back together again!!