Night Of The Living Virus

Start from the beginning

"And what are you guys going to be doing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He started looking really nervous. "Nothing." He mumbled.

"If I know you guys, and I do, I'd say that you were going to ruin Bree's sleepover." I stared at him, knowing that he wouldn't be able to lie to me.

"Fine! We were planning on pulling a couple of pranks."

"Well, don't. This sleepover means a lot to your sister and if you mess it up, you'll have to face me."

His eyes widened. "Should I be scared?"

I shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not." I mocked him from before.

About three hours passed and it was time for Bree's sleepover. Was I looking forward to it? Absolutely not. Will I suck it up because she's my best friend and sister? Yes.

The bell rang, signaling the guests. "Oh my gosh! They're here!" Bree looked down at herself. "I hate my outfit!" She super speeded upstairs and changed her outfit. She came back and looked at herself again. "Worse!" She changed once again and when she came back, she smiled.

"You good?" I asked, chuckling a little.

"Yup!" She grinned and went to open the door. She greeted them but was cut off by Stephanie, the most popular girl in school. I hated that chick.

"Big house, totally huge, insane view. And it looks down at all the renters." She examined. It was taking every fiber of my being not to slap that girl.

The rest of the girls piled in and Bree smiled. "Hi, thanks for coming!" Once everyone was inside, Bree shut the door.

"We were gonna go to Caitlin's, but her house is a dump compared to this." Stephanie commented. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm getting a pool." Caitlin defended.

"In ground or above?" Stephanie questioned.

"Above." Caitlin grinned.

"Oh, nice. An outdoor bathtub. We might as well go to the city pool." What a bitch.

My eyes widened when I saw Bree smack Stephanie in the face with a pillow. As she did that, she yelled, "Pillow fight!"

After Stephanie got over the initial shock, she straightened herself up. "Did you just hit me with that pillow!?"

"Yeah, and you just totally ate that couch." Bree retorted.

"Okay, if you're gonna get all weird, we're gonna pull the drapes."

"Well, if we're not gonna have a pillow fight, what are we gonna do?" Bree asked.

"Duh! We're gonna take pictures of ourselves having fun and send them to the girls we didn't invite."

"Are you kidding me?" I mumbled under my breath. All heads turned towards me and I shrugged. "What?"

Stephanie sent me a nasty look and I sent one right back. "Bree, why the hell is she here?" My jaw clenched and I was trying so hard not to punch her.

"Alex is my best friend." Bree told her.

"But she's a loser. She's probably a daddy's girl."

That's when I felt the tears well up. "Bree, I can't be here." I said and ran to my room. I don't care if they knew I lived here. Stephanie went too far when she mentioned my dad. Sure, she didn't know that I was abused by my father, but that doesn't give her the right to insult me.

I slammed my door shut and jumped on my bed. All the memories of my father abusing me came crashing down and the tears kept spilling out.

"Babe?" I heard Chase's voice from the other side of my door. I got off my bed and walked towards the door. I opened it and I was immediately wrapped in a hug. He shut the door behind him, giving us privacy.