Calistor rested his forehead on his girlfriend's chest as he thought. Personally, he believed the act of owning humanoid children and calling them pets was disgusting. But, his opinion on the matter isnt one that counts because he's nothing but a lower class citizen with few rights as it is.

Piper's fingers curling through his ebony pompadour pulled Calistor away from his thoughts. He settled back down, exhaling and releasing tension in the muscles on his back. "You should go. Mom gets released around ten and its already nine thirty."

"You're right.." He groaned, rolling onto his back and stretching his arms above his head. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Calistor assumed whilst bringing her into a kiss. With a hand upon his chest, Piper shook her head.

"No, I have classes at the institution tomorrow. I won't get home until after curfew, one of the city staff will be escorting me." Piper playfully shoved him back onto his heels so he was perched upon the bed, a heedless expression on his face.

"So I won't get to see you tomorrow?" He asked slowly, 

"No.." Piper repeated the answer for him with a hint of certainty in her tone. Calistor growled, letting the disgruntled sound pass his lips as he tackled Piper into a hug before climbing off the bed.

"Fine, I'll see you whenever." The ebony haired boy lifted the window gently, shooing the curtains out of his way before crawling out onto the fire escape.

"I love you!!" Piper called despite the fact that she knew he probably couldn't hear her voice over the billowing wind outside. Calistor skipped down the rickety, wrought iron staircase that cascaded down the side of the apartment building.

When his feet hit the sidewalk he took off into a run. The city lights started to dim the closer it drew to eleven. Technically The city couldn't enforce the curfew, but, because most demons are nocturnal they highly encourage following it. In order to avoid 'unnecessary conflict' as they call it with any lurking demons.

As Calistor passed buildings, his heart raced within his chest, most likely from anger rather than exhaustion from running. It wasn't long until he was marching up the steps and pushing through the front door of his home. The lights all shut off save from the one above the kitchen sink. It buzzed and flickered annoyingly causing Calistor's slightly pointed ears to twitch.

"Where were you?" Calistor jumped, ramming his shoulder into the wall in the process. He whipped around to notice his father at the kitchen island with a glass in his hand with his claws out and scratching grooves into the glass.

"I was with Piper." Calistor told him in an obviously annoyed tone of voice. The boy kicked his shoes off, knocking them aside with his heel.

"How is she?" His father asked, standing up and pushing his chair in with a groan. His dad was far older than he was, demons have a considerably longer lifespan than any human know. He was only starting to look as if he was entering his fifties when really he was eighty years old. But, that isnt the point, Calistor never considered his human and demon hybrid genes as a concern to anyone. He especially didn't think anyone in his family gave a damn about his life and who he chose to have in it.

"Why do you care?" Calistor asked suddenly with genuine curiosity covering his aura. With a sigh his father shook his head and shrugged,

"Because you're my son and I don't want you to get caught." His father ran a hand through his salt and peppered hair.

"You don't want me to get discovered as a demon. But if you must recall, I'm also human." Calistor spat, pointing to a picture of his mother upon the wall all blonde hair and blue eyes. The exact opposite of Calistor or his sister. "You didn't get caught did you?" With his hands curled into fists Calistor turned away from his father with the intention of making his way upstairs until he felt his father curl his hands around his wrists and tug him back.