PROLOGUE

[Revised: April 22, 2022]

Author's Note: The story may have changed slightly, but hopefully, you'll still love it. After being on hiatus for almost 6 years, I got back to this story.

---------------

"BEING a single parent means twice the work, stress, and even tears. But this also means twice the hugs, love, and pride" Every single mom's quote

Well yeah, That's true. It's hard to be a single parent because you have to play the role of both a mother and a father. Being a single mom is no joke, it's difficult to raise a child by both parents, How much more to be a single mom like me?

We all know that being a single mom is a difficult task, You have to work hard for your child for his/her future. Changing their diapers, making their milk in the middle of the night, washing them, and all. Especially when your child is on the stage where they move a lot and are curious at the same time, you should understand them and you need to extend your patience. And there's a lot more to say about but with a help of my Parents. I made it.

I'm still fortunate as I came from a wealthy family, and I have every support that I need. And most importantly I have a loving family.

I know everything happened for a reason, and I didn't regret the things that happened to me. Like having a little bundle of joy that makes my blue world colorful again.

I will do everything for my daughter just to provide her with everything she needs. Even if it means giving up my happiness. I'll do it just to make Abby happy.

My daughter is my rainbow after the storm came into my life...

She's my everything...

My Angel in disguise...

The perfect mistake from him...

My world...

And I love her so much and I can't bear to lose my angel.

If you're going to ask her father? He chose to leave me after telling him about my pregnancy.

He left his responsibilities of being a father to her daughter.

He chose to leave us...

[Flashback]

"Kurt... there is something you need to know" I sigh deeply.

"What is it, Bree?" He asked back.

Nag aalinlangan akong sabihin sakanya kasi I have this feeling of rejection. This pregnancy is not planned. This is a big mistake. Pero, I kept avoiding that idea and looking on the brighter side.

"What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything right?" nakangiti nitong sabi.

Kinakabahan ako, Sasabihin ko ba? Huminga ako nang malalim bago mag salita.

"Kurt..." almost cracking my voice "I'm... I'm..." hindi ko matuloy tuloy, kinakabahan kasi ako. Parang may hindi magandang mangyayari.

"You're?" lumapit ito sa akin at hinawakan ang dalawang pisngi ko, "Hey, It's gonna be okay, tell me what is it? You're what?"

Pumikit ako at huminga ako nang malalim ulit and look at him straight in the eyes. "I'm.. I'm Pregnant." At tumulo na nga yung luha sa mata ko.

Nawala yung ngiti sa mukha niya at bakas dito ang mga expression na ayokong Makita. He looks like his world torn into pieces.

"I don't know what to do. What should we do now?" tanong kong muli.

Napahilamos siya nang mukha halata mong hindi makapaniwala sa narinig ko. I kept calm and wait for his answer. Ayokong manguna, gusto ko lumabas sa bibig niya.. Nag patay malisya ako sa nakikita kong expression nito.

"Bree, Are you sure about that? Do you want us to go to the doctor and ask for 2nd opinion? Baka naman false alarm lang." Tanong neto sa akin balik

"I have taken 2 PT's and they are both positive. Here's the test result that I take with the Ob-gyne." And handed him the result.

"Bree, This is not the right time to get pregnant. This is a big mistake. If we have to go to the hospital and get that removed. I'm not ready yet." sabi nito

Nagpantig ang tainga ko. "You're not ready? What do you think of me? Do I look ready too?" Sino ba ang gumawa nito? Diba kaming dalawa? Pero bat parang kasalanan ko?

"And you want this child to be dead? Do you hear yourself?" I can't believe he would want me to abort this child.

Minabuti ko nalang na wag nang umimik ulit kahit na masakit sa akin yun sinabi niya.

I kept quiet and let him speak and hear his words.

"I need to think give me a break. Siguro mas okay kung umuwi ka muna? We both need to think about this" sabi nito.

At nagpintig nanaman ang tainga ko "I need to think give me a break. Siguro mas okay kung umuwi ka muna. We both need to think about this." Pero mas minabuti ko nalang na wag nang umimik ulit. Kahit may kutob akong hindi na maganda.

At dahil dakilang traydor ang mga luha ko, biglang bumuhos ang luha sa mata ko.

Pero isa lang ang pumasok sa isip ko. Ayaw niya at hindi siya masaya. Pinunasan ko ang luha ko bago mag salita.

"S-sige..." yan lang ang nakayananan kong sabihin.

"I'll call you okay?" sabi niya bago ako makalabas ng unit niya.

I waited for his calls and hoped that my thoughts were wrong. That he might change his mind but a week had passed, wala akong narinig mula sakanya, And I couldn't even reach his phone number.

I went to his place pero iba na ang nakatira doon. I also went to his parent's house and their maid told me that he left the country 3 days ago. My world shatters into pieces. All I know is he abandoned me and his child, he escaped from the responsibility.

I return home crying, I can't digest any of the news I've got. I felt like my heart is crushing into pieces. Parang tinataga yung puso ko sa sakit na nararamdaman ko.

Pero Imbis na murahin, sabunutan, sampalin, palayasin at ipamukha sa akin ng mga magulang ko na Isa akong TANGA dahil sa nangyari sa akin. Na isa akong kahihiyan sa pamilya ay hindi nila ginawa sa akin ang mga bagay na yan instead they stayed by my side and helped me to lessen the pain I'm feeling that time.

"Ssshhhh dear, Hush. Andyan na yan anak. We can't do anything but to raise that child. Will help you on this. Everything will be okay." Sabi ni mommy at hinalikan ako. Si Dad naman niyakap ako.

They're always on my side and never fail to let me down.

Hi, I am Aubree Choi, 23 years old, and this is my story.