Daleks in Manhattan - Two

Začať od začiatku

"Rita... what's wrong" He asked her trying to stay calm. Seeing the panic in her eyes.

"Doctor look at its planet of origin" Her hands began to shake. "They will never stop."

"What won't?" He asked too busy to worry about her than to look at the scanner.

"I knew I saw it before." She shook her head desperately trying to stop shaking. "Doctor, it's from Skaro" She swallowed and his eyes widened. He quickly pulled her to his chest and gently stroked her hair not even wanting the Daleks on the same planet as her. It was one of the things she had told him only the day before, how she remembered the Daleks and what they did to her and how bad it was, they took her family, her home, everything and left her with nothing. Forced her through one world to another confused and scared as a human because they couldn't get it right. She didn't remember any of it, not even at Canary Wharf, she was too busy trying to remember that she had forgotten what they did but now she remembered.

"It will be okay" he whispered continuing to stroke her head in an attempt to calm her. "I promise you."

"What they might do to my friends," She told him sighing and closing her eyes trying to calm herself.

A moment later her eyes snapped open at the terrorising scream of Martha. The Doctor and Rita shot up not realising that they were sat on the floor. He took the brunette's hand and they ran in the direction of her. They ran past the girls from the show and headed for the sewers.

"Martha!" The Doctor shouted letting go of Rita and running ahead, he stopped at the sewer entrance.

"It hasn't been placed back properly." Rita noticed. "I'm coming with you," She told the Doctor as he placed his coat on. "Knowing their there and Martha could be too I'm not saying here"

"If you come with me I may not be able to keep both of you safe," He told her gripping hold of her shoulders.

"If I stay here I won't know if either of you is safe," She told him looking into his brown eyes showing she was very serious. "Doctor I am scared, terrified but I'm more scared for her than I am myself."

"Okay", He sighed. "Come on then" He moved the cover and went to head down.

"Where are you going?" Tallulah asked them running in.

"They've taken her." The Doctor simply told Tallulah as he started to climb down.

"Who's taken her? What're you doing?" She asked them again, they both ignored her as Rita headed down.

"I said, what the hell are you doing?" Tallulah shouted down to the sewers, they ignored her yet again and the Doctor pulled out two torches handing one to Rita.

"No, no, no, no, no way. You're not coming." The Doctor said as Tallulah climbed down the ladder.

"Tell me what's going on." She demanded.

"There's nothing you can do. Go back."

"Look, whoever's taken Martha, they could've taken Laszlo, couldn't they?" She suggested.

"Tallulah, you're not safe down here."

"Neither is she" Tallulah pointed at Rita.

"She's safer with me than on her own, now head back, you're not safe down here." He demanded.

"Then that's my problem." She hissed at him. "Come on. Which way?" She asked starting to head down a tunnel, Rita rolled her eyes and headed in a different direction.

"Not that way Tallulah," She said over her shoulder. They walked on and Rita sighed, she continuously thought, hoping that it wasn't what the scanner had told them, hoping that it wasn't her worst nightmare.