Convincing Granger

Start from the beginning

            Hermione looked away, “I don’t care what you say Draco. I’d wait no matter what it takes.”

            In a flash Draco ripped the locket from Hermione’s neck, fear flashed across Hermione’s face as Draco seethed, “when you decide to come back to reality. Maybe…just maybe…I’ll want to talk to you Granger.” Draco took a deep breath before he backed off,  Draco stormed out of the building leaving Hermione to stand in utter silence.

                                    ***

            Hermione jumped up and looked around her bedroom sweating, her dream had felt so real that she frantically searched around her new home for the locket that Draco had given her. She found it on the bathroom sink and sighed in relief; she looked at her reflection and noticed the dark circles under eyes and her tangled hair.

            “Bloody hell…” Hermione muttered as she looked at her reflection.

            Hermione sighed as she leaned against the sink, as she thought about the dream she had awoken from. It had been just too realistic for her—she did notice that she was distancing herself from Draco slightly but it wasn’t for reasons that the dream version of Draco had thought. Yes, Ron had been around more often but it was to see his nephew and all ties to their relationship were dead and buried, but her real reason was just to make the fact that she wasn’t going to see him daily—that single fact was what making her subconsciously distance herself. She ran her hands through her hair as she tried to pat it down and calm herself before getting ready for the day, today was the last day she would see her office and although it was true that Draco was helping her move everything she wasn’t going to let her dream effect reality.

            Taking a cup of water from the tap she almost screamed when there was a loud knock on the door.

            “You ready to go Hermione?” Draco greeted as he stepped through the door.

            Hermione smiled, “yes, just give me a minute to get dressed.”

            Draco smirked and shook his head as he glanced around the room, “you haven’t even unpacked yet!”

            Hermione laughed as she walked to her room, “I unpacked my kitchen supplies and some of my bedroom! I just moved in two days ago.”

            Draco let out a small laugh as his hand grazed one of the boxes, he opened it and saw a picture of Hermione with Draco as head boy and girl. His hands began to sweat as he looked at the two dressed in their robes with small smiles on their faces as the badges shined brilliantly from their robes. He remembered the day this was taken, it was after everything and Hermione had cornered him into taking it and she had Ginny take it for her. Draco remembered how he had wanted to kiss her so much that day, to convince her that she made a mistake but he hadn’t—at least now he would have his chance, he just needed to wait a bit.

            “You ready yet?” Draco called as he put down the picture.

            Hermione was walking down the hall fastening her jacket as she stopped in front of him, “all set.”

            Draco glanced at the photo one last time before the two left to start cleaning out her office. “Maybe….I can help you unpack later?”

            Hermione smiled and shrugged, “if you really want to help, then sure.”

            Draco smiled, “let’s get to work and come back here then shall we?”

            They walked outside the apartment building and walked down the street before aparating to the entrance of the Ministry where they walked to her office.

            “So how much are we moving?” Draco asked as he took in her office, the walls were striped of the many books and files that were neatly organized. “How long did that take?”

            Hermione shrugged, “all of yesterday afternoon….and we have that pile of boxes to move today,” Hermione gestured over to a pile of boxes that were sitting beside her now empty desk.

            Draco nodded, “let’s get to work then.”

            It took them three hours to move the ten or so boxes that Hermione had packed before they were sitting on Hermione’s couch laughing.

            “So that picture of us from school…” Draco smirked as Hermione’s cheeks flushed.

            “What of it?”

            Draco gave a small laugh, “for someone who distances themselves from a person they love…you sure hold on to odd things.”

            “It’s just a picture Draco.”

            “Of us, happy as can be. You know the last time I saw that same smile? That same year, every time we were alone and I would kiss you.”

            Hermione glared at him, “get over yourself.”

            Draco laughed, “when are you going to accept the fact that you want to be with me already?”

            Hermione traced the lip of her mug as she looked anywhere but in his eyes, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

            Draco glared darkly at her, “I hope you realize that I will not wait forever.” He glanced around her apartment, boxes were still piled and he frowned, “see you some other time Granger.”

            Hermione grabbed Draco’s wrist, “Draco!”

            Draco took his wrist from her grasp, “come on Granger. He’s gone and I’m here, I’ve always been here. Why can’t you just see that?”

              Hermione jumped up and pressed her lips against Draco's, she wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her closer to him. Their lips fit perfectly together as Draco pulled her as close to him as possible, they didn't break the kiss as Draco's hands travelled under her shirt or when he picked her up and they made their way to Hermione's bedroom. They only broke the kiss for a millisecond and it was just to get their shirts off as they continued to kiss each other passionately. 

   ~*~*~

So....can we go to ten votes for another upload before my normal upload days and MAYBE just MAYBE promoting my Fred story to anyone you know? I think this is all reasonable!!! 

please comment and vote. you guys are AWESOME!! :3