The stranger in a secret town

Note: This book is not historically based, I can be bothered researching. All the characters in here are fictional characters, there is no King William from the 1800's... I think.. And there wasn't a girl name Viviane Serene Crawford who time travelled to 2014.

I hope you will enjoy this story :) Don't forget to comment, vote and share :)

Chapter One

February 19th, 1865

Viviane, England, was a small secret city with the population of only one hundred and forty six. The founder of this town, Sir John Robertson was fleeing his home town to escape the cruel palace hundreds of years ago.

Although this lonely town had only one hundred and forty six residents, people knew each other pretty well and looked after one another. This town was different. They had different customs, beliefs and had a unique way of talking.

This is where our story starts.

Up the town, coming towards the centre, was an average girl with long, curly brown hair that was in a messy bun. She was 19 year old girl, from a poor family that lived with her old blind grandmother and her a creative and mean aunt.

As she ran, she clutched on her plain, ragged dress that reached up to half of her leg and untied her floral apron that was tied around her waist, pressing it together by her arm. She ran up the town and dodged the carts that contained fruits and vegetables. She was a very unique, clumsy but charming girl, her name was Viviane Serene Crawford.

"Please come back!" Viviane yelled, running behind her chicken. Although the streets were deserted, people would all gather here, at this very spot tomorrow for a very important ceremony. And surely they wouldn't want to be here if this place is dirty and unclean!

"I'm sorry!" She says to the carts while chasing her chicken. "I'll fix you later!"

"Come back!" She says, reaching her right hand out, trying her best to catch her.

Steadily, Viviane caught one of her feathers, the poor chicken screamed before running off again, but faster, this time.

"No!" She yelled in disappointment.

Sighing heavily, she raised her hand up and muttered the words 'I give up', while combing her long hair with her hand and wiped the dirt off her plain white dress.

She looked around at the empty streets, no body was there, except for her, and the chicken, who had just disappeared out of her sight.

"Aunt Marie is probably going will cook me alive if I don't get that chicken." She says, getting ready to run again.

"Who's Aunt Marie?"

'Who was that?' She thought to herself. 'I thought no-one was here!'

Carefully, she spun around, just to come face to face with a mysterious person, wearing a black cloak, covering half of their face.

Her faces went over her mouth. Isn't this a secret village that was covered by a magical portal? I've never seen such man before...

"Who are you?" She asks, trying to be brave.

He remained quiet.

She backed a few steps away.

"No need to be scared." He says putting out his left hand. "I am lost, could you be so kind to help me?"

"No," she says straight away turning her back towards him. "I don't know you."

"I have your chicken."

Her eyes widened as she turned around and looked at his right hand. He was holding an alive chicken, who was struggling to be free. She stared at him stunned.

But nonetheless she looked at the chicken.

Carefully.

Pointy beak, yellow feathers, orangey-red highlights,deep eyes.

It was her chicken. She was definite. But she could've swore she the chicken was right in front of her, and she hasn't seen that man before.

She was shocked.

Who was this man? She wanted to ask.

Why is he here? Is he some kind of a wizard?

Rapidly, she pulled out her right hand and grabbed the chicken, trying hard not to let go of it and provoking it at the same time.

"Th-thank you," she muttered, patting the chicken on it's head as it peaked her on the fingers. "May I please know your name?"

"If we met again, I will tell you. But I am definite that we will meet again." He says calmly. "And, for the next three days, do not leave your house."

How Rude!

She shook her head and turned, walking away but then stopped after a few steps.

Although he was such a rude person, I could've said thank you. Where are my manners?

But when she turned around, he was no where to be seen. She looked cautiously around.

"Oh well," she says, patting the uncomfortable looking chicken. "Luckily, I got my chicken back."

She smiled at the chicken.

"Let's go little one."

Hey! Like the story? I know it's a little short but, I'll try to make these chapters longer! Vote, comment or do whatever that fits you.