Chapter One: The Mission

Start from the beginning

"Need help?"

Steve blinked, Bucky stood there. Dripping onto the hot pavement and grey eyes staring unnervingly into his.

Steve glanced back at the pool, the blonde was gone.

"Sure."

He watched Bucky casually put up another huge umbrella, this one blocking onlookers view, giving them the semblance of privacy. He passed him the sunscreen, Steve's heart suddenly thumping in his chest like a caged animal.

Bucky slid onto the chair behind him, his bare thigh brushing against Steve's khaki's.

Steve could feel the beads of water dripping off Bucky and onto his back, cold to his hypersensitive skin. The first touch of Bucky's hands almost made him jerk but he quickly forced himself to relax. Enjoying the way Bucky's hands smoothly rubbed the sunscreen over his back.

"So your neck's been bothering you."
A smile broke across Steve's lips, revealing straight, white teeth. Of course Bucky would notice. He had always noticed, even when they were kids.
"It's just a little tense from that kick the other day." He imagined Bucky smiling and then his deft fingers dug into his shoulder muscles. Starting off hard and gradually getting gentler and more relaxing.

Steve leaned into it, letting out a small moan. He felt Bucky's calloused fingers freeze for a split second before resuming their gentle circles. Enough was enough.

"Thanks for the back rub, Buck." Steve said pulling forward. Putting a little distance between himself and Bucky's dripping wet toned body. Trying to ignore his newfound erection. God, what was wrong with him? This was his best friend. Bucky pulled back and somehow managed to gracefully flop in the chair next to him, using his leg to kick the umbrella aside so they were back in the suns warm rays.

"Anytime."

Later they drifted back to their hotel room, the playful music of a local band hovering behind them. It was a single bed, which was fine.
Or so Steve told himself.
He and Bucky had shared a bed before. In another century, he could almost feel the harsh chill of winter leaking in through his window sill. At the other hotel they had stayed in for the past two nights, they had shared a room but now the universe was subjecting Steve to a whole new level of torture. Fury had called while they were at the pool and had ordered them to a new location.
The room itself was smaller then the last in nearly every way.

He watched TV while Bucky showered, unsurprised by the lack of Channels in English. Eventually flicking it off and wishing he had remembered to buy a new book to read. Steve halfheartedly flipped through his book for "Beginner's Guide to Spanish" but eventually tossed it on the nightstand next to him. He felt restless. They weren't doing anything and Fury refused to give them any details. Even Tony had been particularly unhelpful so far. His thoughts drifted, going from wondering when the bathroom would be available to the person currently occupying it.
Bucky.
Naked in the shower. Had he washed his hair yet or was he simply rubbing the complimentary soap over his powerful thighs. Digging into the tense muscles like he had done this morning to Steve's shoulder. Naked body under the stream of water, the liquid shining like oil - dribbling down him abs and going lower and lower...
He heard the bathroom door open. Jerking his hand back up from where it had been placed under the covers, he guilty shifted the blankets to hide his errection. Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.
The comparison was apt because Bucky looked like sin incarcerate. He wore nothing but a short white towel twisted around his waist, it's rim sliding periodically closer to his groin.
Steve managed to pull his eyes up from Bucky's specular body at the call of his name,
"Yeah, sure, uh, sounds great." He mumbled out, unsure of anything Bucky had just said in the last minute, or however long. Time seemed to grind to a halt when Bucky stood half-naked. But Bucky smiled brightly so it must have been the right thing to say. He watched Bucky stride over to Steve's backpack and precede to dig through his meager supply of clothes. Was Bucky going to wear his clothes to bed? The idea alone made him hard. There was some sort of primal claiming instinct associated with someone wearing your clothes. He wished he could think of some reason for him to not wear them but nothing came to mind as Bucky walked back into the bathroom, Steve's clothes in tow. He looked up to the heavens, hoping despondently that Fury or someone would call. Last thing he needed was for his best friend to see the boner he had for him. He took a deep breath and pulled the covers up - the bed wasn't exactly huge but it was the best he could do. He slid lower turning his body away from the bathroom door and toward his side of the room. All he had to do was pretend he was asleep and Bucky wouldn't bother him. He flicked off the bedside lamp and closed his eyes, trying to ignore how childish the whole situation was. Within moments he heard Bucky open the door,
"Steve, these clothes don't fit so I'm going to see if I can... Steve?" It sounded like Bucky was closer now. There was a pause.
"Are you seriously asleep? Nu-uh, it's 8:30." One second Steve was mentally applauding himself, the next, Bucky was literally on top of him, having launched himself over the bed to land on Steve. He jerked his eyes open,
"What the hell, Buck?"
"Oh, so now you're awake." He said with a knowing grin. Of course Bucky would know he was faking. Bucky inched closer, his body weight resting on Steve muscular chest. The only reason Bucky couldn't feel his erection was because of the angle they were lying. Bucky's body primarily rested on Steve's torso, his legs remaining free. He tried to ignore Bucky's naked chest. Of course Bucky would jump on top of him in nothing but a towel.
"I think we should go out tonight." Steve groaned,
"Why? It's hardly relevant to the mission." Bucky smiled, his white teeth flashing. Steve's heart melted, it was the same smirk he had given before... everything - the war, Hydra, his torture. He missed that brilliant smile even if he knew it was Bucky's persuasive one, him trying to convince Steve to do something he didn't want to do. He leaned in, his arm snaking around Steve's neck. His hot breath smelled potently of peppermint toothpaste.
"You know you want to." Steve couldn't remember the last time he has seen Bucky so happy, so relaxed, like he had been before.
"As they say in Spanish, 'No.'" Bucky leaned closer still,
"Am I going have to wrestle you out of bed like I did when we were younger?" No, no! Before he knew it Bucky had tackled him out of the bed. His metal arm pinning Steve's arms to the carpet, using his weight to press Steve into the ground. Steve muttered profanities,
"Come on Stevie, just say Uncle and I'll let you up." Bucky taunted, Steve could feel his wet hair brush against the back of his neck. The sensation creating goosebumps over his skin despite the pulsing hotness of Bucky's bare body against his back. He knew that Bucky was purposely taunting him, trying to get rise. He resigned himself. God help them both.
Steve thrust himself backward, simultaneously breaking Bucky's grip on his wrists and throwing Bucky toward the wall. He twisted around and leaped, only to land on air as Bucky had already moved. Steve barely had time to block with a right hand hook and ended up dropping to his knees in order to avoid the knife Bucky aimed for his head.
"Bucky!" Steve snarled, of course he had been hiding a knife on him. Bucky gave him a unrepentant grin, standing before him in all of his partially naked glory.
"I knew you would duck." And then he lunged, a full body move quicker then a blink. Steve had predicted it coming and pretended to roll back with him, intending to use Bucky's own momentum to toss him into the door. Once again, Bucky proved to be a step ahead of him. Instead of throwing Bucky into the door, he found himself pinned to it. Bucky's metal arm locking his arms above his head and his other hand pressing the nasty blade into his throat. Bucky's hard body pushing him into the door as he tried to put as much distance between them as possible. He gave a infuriating smirk again,
"Didn't you hear me the first time? Just say Uncle."
Steve could have ended up in a different position if he had really wanted to but at the end of the day, he didn't want to risk hurting Bucky. He signed, feigning calmness despite his pounding heart at Bucky's proximity. His pressed harder into Steve for emphasis and then, Steve saw his eyes widen, unable to make himself stop staring at him. Bucky undoubtedly felt it. Bucky's eyes went from below his waistline to Steve's eyes, his pale blue Iris's burning into his soul. An almost dangerous smile crept over his lips, "Well, Steve - you only had to ask." And with that, Bucky sank to his knees.