Masterpiece

Taehyung has been an avid fan of arts, all kinds of them and it's not a big secret anymore. The drawings of Van Gogh's arts he's been doodling, those pictures of him in the art spaces abroad that occasionally sends to you, or all his nicely taken landscape photographs, and many others arts that Taehyung loves to no end. Everyone knows that. The world is a masterpiece to him that he's just yet to explore.

Taehyung is a pure soul. The whole world is dead to him when the arts are in front of him.

And you are not an exception.

Sure, you have his fingers in-between yours, but you are nothing compared to all the displays in front of him, at least right now. But you find it really cute how Taehyung really gets immersed into the arts that he forgets his surroundings at the moment. It's rare to find someone in this century that still enjoys all these things. Taehyung has always been different, you know that. And you love that.

"Hey," you both come to a stop, in front of a Van Gogh painting. You think he's going to say something about the painting, but he hands you his phone. "Take a photo of me here." You smile and let out a small laugh, almost inaudible. It's just cute, Taehyung probably forgets that he's with you until a second ago.

He poses with the V sign, covering his face with it. You can't help but smile, knowing that it's his thing. You hand him his phone to let him take a look. "Good?" you ask him. He smiles and nods. "Let's go," he takes your hand again and you both start walking slowly. You try to study the display too, but Taehyung is much more interesting.

You haven't gone to any museum, let alone a date in it. The last museum you went was during your elementary school trip and that was almost 10 years ago. This is the first time Taehyung takes you on a museum date, it's a new thing for you. Taehyung has gone to lots of art museums before, and he always says he wants to take you to one someday.

Is he always this quiet when he's at art museum? Not saying any word at all? It's just cute how his eyes literally glued to all the paintings and the displays. It's cute how his attention is clearly out of your reach when usually, you're all he's invested in. It's just too cute.

You both come to another stop. You study the painting before you; a man kissing a woman. The painting is dominated by the color of yellow. Both the woman and the man are standing against a background full of beautiful decorations of—what you assume—gold leaves. You look down to the little sticker just below the painting. The Kiss by Gustav Klimt (1907-1908). You look at the painting again to inspect if there is some other meaning other than a kiss, but you don't know much about art, and you certainly not a type of person who can read through such things.

You glance at Taehyung, whose brows are slightly furrowed and lips pursed into a pout. No one can look any cuter than Taehyung who is now studying the painting. You let out a giggle, but he still doesn't budge. It doesn't surprise you but still. How long this man is going to "ignore" you?

Suddenly, you get an idea.

"Taehyung," you call out. It takes him 5 seconds to let out a small "Hm?" But his eyes are still fixated at the painting. "Taehyung," you call again.

"What is it?" He asks in a soft tone, but his eyes still not moving away from the painting. If anything, he even leans closer to the painting.

"Kiss me," you ask and it takes him half a second to lean back and look straight into your eyes. He raises his eyebrows, completely startled. "What?"

"Kiss me," you repeat and you feel you're starting to blush already. Your intention before was to try to get his attention, it didn't have to work out or anything, but now that it clearly worked out, you can't back down now, can you?

"W-why so suddenly?"

You shrug, "I just want you to kiss me." For some seconds, Taehyung just stares at you, but then his lips turn into a foxy grin. Taehyung enjoys PDA, you know that. PDA in your relationship with Taehyung goes from holding hands, feeding each other, to hugging and occasionally kissing cheeks, but you've never kissed him on the lips in public before. Nothing's wrong with it, it's just never happened before.

"Kiss you?" He asks with that foxy smirk of his. You simply nod, but why does he have to smirk like that?

"But they said not to touch the masterpiece," Taehyung's grin gets wider and he winks, causing your heart to skip a beat. Damn, you just got the taste of your own medicine, didn't you? You feel it's hard to look into his eyes so you look down to the floor, hoping that the mufflers around your neck will somehow hide your reddening cheeks.

Taehyung then glances around, making sure there aren't many people around before leaning down to cup your cheeks and plants a quick kiss on your lips. You're startled but then again, it's Taehyung you're dating and he's always so full of surprises. You slowly smile at him and punch his arm playfully. "What are you doing..,"

"Ouch. Hurts, baby," Taehyung jokes as he let out a chuckle. "You asked me to kiss you, now you're getting embarrassed of it?"

You pout, not knowing how to respond. You didn't really expect him to do what you asked him to. But hey, once again, it's Kim Taehyung and you never know.

Taehyung then laughs, leaning in to kiss you again. It lasts longer this time and you start to worry that people might already be staring at the two of you. The kiss feels good like it always does, but Taehyung breaks the kiss. "I want to kiss you a lot longer but people might not like it."

"Who cares?" you insist. You want to kiss him a lot longer too.

"I do and I know you do too." He kisses your cheek. Well, he's not wrong. As much as you want to kiss him, it'll be best to wait until you get home. You won't want to get your ass kicked out of the art museum for making out with your boyfriend.

So you look up to him and smile softly. "I was just teasing you, though, you're so cute when you're too focused, looking at the arts like that." Taehyung throws his arm around your shoulder as you both start walking again. "What does it have to do with you wanting me to kiss you?"

"I'm just curious how long you can keep focused on the arts and 'ignoring me'," you put your arm around his waist. "No offense, okay? You're cute." You add, not wanting for him to get the wrong impression.

Taehyung laughs at your confession and kisses your temple. "Oh, babe. Whether you were teasing or not, I'm going to kiss you all I want when we get home."

"Just kissing?" You look up to him teasingly.

Taehyung then grins. "Now we're on."