Chapter 1: Greet

Chapter 1: Greet

"Can you make it before twelve tomorrow?" asked a feminine voice on the other end. Jane held her breath waiting for a reply. A few seconds later the his answer almost broke her heart. "I'll be there." the deep voice she knew so well said before both ends hung up. Jane willed herself to be strong and not weep as the man she loved met with the same mysterious woman she had heard on the other line for the past month. At first Jane had thought he had gotten a new assistant, but now she wasn't so sure. Who am was she kidding? He was obviously having an affair! Clicking off the phone Jane put it back on the receiver. Wrapping her arms around herself Jane leaned against the backboard of the bed. Why? How? When? Question after question ran through her head. Was she not enough? Was she not a good enough wife? Did she do something in bed that was not pleasing?

The last question made her pale. Just the thought of Damon in bed with another woman caused a nauseating feeling in Jane's stomach. 'I trust you' had been the three words she had repeated over in her head every time Damon had a late night call for the last past month. About the third time someone called past twelve in the morning she had become a bit suspicious. Deciding to pick up the call, all she got out was a woman named Scarlet scheduling meetings with Damon in coded words making it hard to figure out where they were meeting. They had given no clue as to what exactly was going on, but thinking about how bad she was at being a wife caused her to review over why Damon might want to have an affair. They had been married for almost two years. Jane was twenty three and Damon was twenty four at the time. It was the time and way they met that had them falling in love with each other so quick and get married in after just a year of knowing one another.

Two years ago

"Jane! I've planned this trip for the last five months and you being late won't stop me," Yelled Nichole from below. She rubbed the bridge of her nose in frustration. Nichole would never understand how difficult it is to get an extended vacation with her air-headed boss. She loved working as a teacher, but her boss made her work long hours throughout the week along with her coworkers. When her boss had heard about Jane requesting a vacation he had literally gone crazy demanding Jane not to leave. Although everyone knew how Tom, Jane's boss had been hinting at how much he had liked her, Jane was as dumbfound to his attraction to her as a dog about its tail. As Jane placed her favorite V.C. Andrews book in her bag she placed her glasses over her eyes and pulled her single luggage behind her. Before she walked down the stairs she reminded herself to take a pain killer before the fifteen hour plane ride with her sister.

Sixteen hours later

"How did they lose my luggage and not yours," Jane said struggling to find her baggage. She had a single luggage filled with shorts and t-shirts for the breezy island while her sister had five luggage's filled with cosmetics and alternate outfits if something was distasteful at the moment. "Jay, Ricky is waiting," Nichole whined placing a perfectly manicured hand at her hip. Jane watched as her bronze colored sister attract attention from everyone. Female or male, anyone could tell Nichole was gorgeous. She had a golden tan and a slender perfect body. Her natural pin straight blonde hair clashed with her bright blue eyes making them stand out. It wasn't a coincidence Jane's older sister by two years turned out to be in the modeling business. She wasn't a model per say but she was running a modeling company and so far she's been making money. Ricky was her boss/husband who had been in the Bahamas surveying the surroundings to find a good spot to do a shooting. Nichole had wanted to go down to the Bahamas for a while and decided to drag Jane with her to 'get her out more'. Quoted by her mother.

Jane rolled her eyes. "Look I'll find someone to take me to the resort. You take the limo to the resort and make sure to get a room separately to myself and I'm paying," Jane said sternly. The last time Jane had decided to take a connected suite with her sister, all night she got an earful of their lovemaking. Not something a nineteen year old should be hearing at four in the morning. Nichole pouted as she looked at her younger sister, " Look Jane I love how you work hard at what you do and don't show anyone weakness, but yesterday I saw those notices on how much money you owe the bank taking out the loan to buy your car. Please let me do these for you and my own state of mind." There was a pause between the sisters as Jane watched the worried look in her sister's eyes turned to sadness. It was hard for the last year to walk the mile to work and back, she had needed the car for the winter when conditions were bad. But now with it being sunny back in Virginia, Jane regretted buying the brand new car. All it had caused along with her other bills was longer work hours. "Fine I'll think about it but it doesn't mean yes," Jane said watching her sister's sad look turn happy. "Bye Jay," Nichole said blowing her sister a kiss.