Is It Still Me That Makes You Sweat?

Start from the beginning

Just then, another familiar face appeared in the doorway. Chris was walking back into the common room, rubbing his hands together and looking around to see where Blaire was. When their eyes met, Chris didn't even have time to say a word before Blaire grabbed him by the arm and lead him down the corridor.

"Hello? What's this?" He asked, being dragged along, through the winding corridors of the 21st floor.

"We need to talk now," Blaire said, pushing open the door to the women's washroom and dragging Chris inside.

"Uh, Blaire. I can't go in the-"

"Calm down, how many women even work here?"

Chris thought about it. "Hardly any?"

"Correct," Blaire said as she dragged Chris into an empty toilet stall. She locked the door behind them. She leant against the back of the door and tried to catch her breath.

"Do you want to tell me what was so important that you had to drag me into the bathroom at full speed without stopping once to fucking breathe?"

Blaire heaved, "Steven." She struggled.

Chris frowned. "The fuck are you on about?"

She clutched Chris' shoulders. Her fingers dug into his leather jacket, she shook him slightly. "He talked to me Christopher, and he told me he liked me laugh." She said.

Chris raised one eyebrow and smiled cheekily. "Oh my God." He held on to her elbows, helping her keep her balance. "You don't work out do you?" Chris said, commenting on how exhausted Blaire was by just running down the hallway.

"Chris!" She hissed.

"Yes, I'm listening!" He laughed. "I'm just annoying you." Once Blaire was breathing normally again. Chris took a seat on top of the toilet and held his face in his hands, his elbows resting on his knees.

Blaire took a deep breath and began to recite the entire encounter in as much detail as she could. Chris sat on the toilet, looking up at her leaning against the stall door in awe, he listened in to every word. Blaire spoke so fast she needed to catch her breath every now and again, and no matter how hard she tried to pace herself, the weird emotion with was 50% nerves and 50% excitement rattled her.

For the first time in her life, Blaire reminded herself of one of the girls from those high-school drama novels she read when she was thirteen. How it was always very stereotypical of a group of girls to gather in the bathroom and talk about boys while squealing and writing the names of cute boys in their notepads. In some of these books, published after 1995, there would be gay characters too.

Blaire had never been like thew girls she read in teen-romance novels. She was a computer nerd. In high school he collected comic books and memorabilia, she owned every video game console to date. In school, she took male-dominated classes like tech and computer science. And even as an adult, she has surrounded herself with the same people she had her entire life. And now, there had been a very sudden shift in the works.

"Oh, my God," Chris said fanning himself after Blaire had finished rambling. "Holy shit,"

"I know, I don't know what the fuck to do." Chris jumped up off of the toilet and grabbed Blaire by her hands. 

'We need to discuss this further." Chirs said, he looked right into Blaire's eyes, very seriously. "Most likely over a burrito." Blaire laughed before nodding. The two of them exited the stall, pretty much at the same time that one of the actresses walked into the bathroom. She looked up at Chris and frowned.

"Yo, what the fuck?" She hissed at him.

Chris smirked. 'Relax, queen. I ain' tryna see your pussy pop." He said before exiting the bathroom. The woman groaned and rolled her eyes before walking up to a mirror to touch up her makeup. Blaire scowled at Chris.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She asked.

Chris took a step back, baffled. "Me?" He said in shock. "I'm not the one who dragged a man by his fringe into the ladies room, sweet cheeks."

"