Chapter Twenty-One

Depuis le début

"Yes, I care about you too." He grabbed both my hands and held them. "Where's this going?"

"I just wanted to make sure you knew." I smiled, making him smile too. Then he frowned. "What?"

"Would you be upset if I went to work without you today?" He sat up with a yawn.

"Well first, it's Sunday, we don't work on Sundays. Second, it's technically our last day together for another three months and you want to spend it working away from me?" My hands rubbed over his chest then my arms went around his neck.

His lips spread into a smirk as he chuckled, flipping us over so he was over top of me. "I just need to finish up a few things. Give me three hours, more or less, and then I'm all yours." He lowered his head to kiss me, sealing the deal. My hand went to touch his cheek as I pulled away.

"Okay. Go ahead, workaholic." I teased, making him shake his head with a smile as he got off the bed to get dressed. "I'll just be here blasting Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, and Twenty One Pilots."

"I'm going to guess you're going to play I'm The One first? You were blasting it in the car a few days ago." He said, buttoning his shirt and tucking it in.

"You know me very well. Are you going to wear a full suit? It's only three hours." I stood up, crossing my arms to hug my waist.

"No. Just this." Tightening his tie and buttoning his vest, he glanced at me. His shoes already on, he packed his briefcase and I opened the door.

"Bye." I said, leaning in the doorway and running my hands through my hair. He came to peck my lips and I kissed him longer but he pulled away.

"Oh no, no, no. Any more than a peck and I'll wind up never leaving."

"Maybe that's the idea." I bit my lip with innocence and he shook his head again.

"Goodbye, Peyton." He walked past me and I watched him with a giggle.

Lucian Montenegro

"Bye, Lucian, even though we'll end up calling each other in an hour." She was right about that. I left the apartment and soon enough I was at Monte L.

I walked through the door and as always, everyone smiled at me and I ignored them all. I had to, or I'd be stuck talking to someone and not getting any work done. I went up to my office and Lucas had a smug look.

"Peyton texted me a minute ago telling me to make sure Ms. Pieterse stays away from you and your office, or else, and I quote," he looked at his phone. "She'll never buy me a blueberry muffin ever again. She doesn't make very good threats."

I laughed a little. "She's not that threatening of a person. You can work at her desk for today, she doesn't have to know."

He followed me into my office and closed the door. "She's leaving tomorrow, right?" He asked as I sat at my desk.

"Tomorrow morning, yes." I opened my laptop and went straight to emails.

"So you're not getting any for the next three months?" He kept his smug look and I glanced at him with annoyance, though really I hadn't thought about that. "Luc, we're talking behind closed doors. And we're best friends, so really I have a right to ask about your personal life."