Beacon of Hope

The opening ends to a view of several ships carrying students and docking at the entrance of the school. The doors open of one of the ships and several students run out into the campus of Beacon Academy. Fred and Ember the last two off the ship and last to step foot on the campus officially.

Fred and Ember: (as they take in the entirety of Beacon Academy) Wow...

Ember: (Spins around) Now see, this is what I'm talking ABOUT! (He says as he finishes his spin facing Fred.) Patch ain't got nothing on this, am I right. ...Fred?

He turns to see his brother staring at Beacon's statue in front of the Amphitheater. Fred sighs and looks down, almost saddened by the sight in front of him.

Ember: Ahem!

Fred turns around to see his brother standing with his arms crossed. Fred inhales and breaths out deeply. He nods and Ember walks up to him and nods as well. The two begin to walk around the Amphitheater and into the main area of Beacon. They walk down a main avenue and examine the school.

Fred: I cant believe Beacon is this large.

Ember: Well, what do you think it was going to be?

Fred: I don't know. No bigger than Signal maybe, but this...this is, just wow.

Ember: (Chuckles) Wow, never seen you speechless before.

Fred: Yes you have...one to many times.

Ember: New leaf!

Fred: Got it.

Glynda: (Over the intercom) Would all first-year students please report to the amphitheater for Professor Ozpin's speech? Thank you.

Fred: Well, let's get going.

Ember: Yeah! Time to kill some demon bears.

The two enter the massive amphitheater and look around at the massive celling. They enter into a row around little grouping of students. Ember then begins to sniff the air giving off a grossed out look.

Fred: You ok?

Ember: Yeah, it is...something...familiar.

The boys attention is drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone, with Glynda beside him.

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. (as the students whisper among themselves) You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Glynda: (as Ozpin leaves, she steps up to talk) You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Ember: So it beings.

Fred: Let's just..get going.

______________________________________________________________________________

The first night at Beacon, students are splayed out in sleeping bags. Fred is leaning against the wall looking out the window while sketching out a picture of the moon and the window itself. Ember suddenly lands next to him, creating a small thud.

Ember: S'up.

Fred: (Sighs) Hey.

Ember: C'mon man, its Beacon. Initiation tomorrow. Get excited. You know the plan, right? (As he talks he hits his fist to the palm of his other hand.)