Chapter Two: Found Picture

Lydia

Tears started to flood from my eyes as I looked down at my hands.

"Do you mind if I step outside?" I asked Magnate Leto, I couldn't even bare to make eye contact with him.

"That's alright, but please stay close by and students will be heading home soon, so you might want to get out of the hallway when you hear the bell," He informed me. I nodded and stood up. I didn't even bother to push in my chair before I exited the room. I plopped down on the ground next to the door and pulled off my glasses before resting my head on my knees. I felt as if I couldn't do anything except for cry. I could never see my family again and had no real one to go back to like the other two kids did. Why was I the one who got put in the worst situation?

"Are you alright?" Somebody asked me. I could tell that they were standing pretty close to me by how clear their voice was, even through my sobs. I looked up to find a boy with messy blonde hair and light blue eyes staring at me. I wiped my eyes before slipping my glasses back on my face.

"Do I look alright?" I snapped at him. He raised his hands and backed off a little bit.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I could sense your sadness... and fear...band anger, so I though I would come over and check to see if you needed to talk or something," The boy explained to me. I sighed and rested in if my hands on my forehead.

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I just got hit with some pretty big news, do I'm still trying to absorb all of the information," I apologized. The boy crouched down to be at the same eye level as me and looked into my eyes. He seemed puzzled at first, then slightly shocked.

"Woah, green eyes," He muttered.

"Green eyes? Is there a problem with that?" I asked him. He shook his head in response.

"No, it's just that they are so different," He told me. I gave him a puzzled look to ask for more information, but Magnate Leto walked out and interrupted us.

"Keefe, why are you ditching class?" Magnate Leto asked him.

"No reason, I was just looking for a snack," Keefe teased. Magnate Leto tried to hold back a smile as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Of course it is Keefe Sencen who decided to leave class fifteen minutes early just to find a snack. Please go back to class, we'll talk tomorrow," Magnate Leto informed him.

"Okay, well I guess I'll see ya around green eyes," Keefe said with a wink before he headed of down the hallway. Magnate Leto sighed as he ushered me back into his office. I noticed the two seat Chelsey and Jordan had just occupied were empty.

"I took them home while you were in the hallway," Magnate Leto explained without me even having to ask him the question.

"Why me?"

Magnate Leto sighed, "We're not exactly sure, all we know is that your birth parents wanted us to find you and we have no idea why of if they are planning anything."

"I just want to go home," I mumbled as I ran my fingers through my hair. Magnate Leto nodded and stood up.

"I know this place won't be what you mean by home, but I can promise you that it is the next best thing." He held out his hand for my to grab and I did so. He then pulled what looked like a crystal out of his pocket and soon, the light swept us away.

We arrived at a house that had a very large pasture in the back with many peculiar animals. Right away I saw two people trying to calm down one of the animals and a girl with blonde hair running back and forth to gather things the two adults called out for.