Let Love Find You (One Shot)

Start from the beginning

Seeing her uncomfortable position he goes towards her to make her lie down properly when she suddenly comes awake and looks at him in panic. He moves back seeing her confusion.

"I... I think I slept off." Madhu tells him getting up. "What time is it?"

"3:40." RK reads the time from the wall clock.

"3:40?" Madhu asks him in confusion wondering whether he just came now to the room.

"I just came now." RK tells her realizing what she was thinking. "I don't know what I was thinking. I am sorry, it won't happen again."

As she watched him in shock he goes to take a shower. By the time he had come out she had removed her jewellery and was sitting on the bed. She takes a night dress and goes to the bathroom to change for bed.

Madhu comes out of the bathroom to find RK sitting on the bed with the TV on. He was flipping through the channels. Seeing her he turns off the TV and watches her as she kept her wedding dress. She turns to look at him in hesitation. RK gestures to the bed and she slowly gets on the bed. He turns off the light once she settles down and he lies next to her.

"Are you not happy about this marriage?" Madhu asks unable to sleep seeing his strange behavior.

RK turns to look at her and says, "I was in love with someone."

"Oh!" Madhu says as she looks away hurt. She didn't know him and was not in love with him but he was still her husband and it hurts to hear him profess his love for someone else.

"Her name is Dipali. She is Dad's business partner's daughter. We have been together for almost 6 months. I told my parents I want to marry her but they didn't agree as they feel she is not a perfect bahu and biwi material." RK tells her and seeing her looking at him in shock he continues, "Dad said he would disown me, it didn't matter to me but then she was not ready to marry me without the money. We had a fall out. Then Mom blackmailed me with suicide and I married you."

Madhu remains silent wondering what to do or how to react. Should she like every Indian wife stick on and pray that her husband would accept her one day, or just pack her bags and leave from there. "Do you still love her?"

"Today I was at the pub getting drunk and she had come to see me." RK tells her.

"And?"

"She offered herself to me saying that we could be still together. Like an affair on the side."

Madhu's heart was in her throat hearing all that.

"She disgusts me now." RK tells her.

"Why are you telling me all this?" Madhu asks him.

"Shouldn't you know everything?" RK asks her confused.

Madhu shrugs in confusion.  RK sighs loudly.

"Do you consider this marriage?" Madhu asks realizing his answer would decide whether she would stay with him or not. Whether there was anything worth saving in this marriage.

"I didn't want to marry you but then with Dipali at the pub all I could think about when she was trying to get close to me was that I am married and she shouldn't be touching me like that. I don't know maybe I do." RK tells her.

Madhu smiles at him realizing there was a lot in her marriage worth saving, first and foremost being an honest and loyal husband. "Go to sleep. We can talk in the morning."

"I wasn't thinking straight earlier. I guess I was angry at my parents and thinking they expect me to go on with this marriage as if nothing happened... so I left. I am sorry. You don't deserve that kind of treatment and least of all from me."