Bring You Home

Ding dong

The door to Ruan Jingtian's apartment was ringing. Wei Chen who had been helping his boyfriend cooking the meal for the get together that night heard it first.

"I think someone's at our door."

Jingtian stopped cutting the veggies for the hot pot. "Isn't it too early for Fengsong and Chen Wen to arrive?"

Wei Chen paused and tried to sharpen his senses. "I think... it's not them."

Curious, Jingtian went to wash his hands and pecked Wei Chen on the lips. "I'll go get it."

Jingtian was quite surprised with who he found standing in front of his door.

"Jingyu! What a surprise! I thought you're not going to make it. Now come on, come in."

Jingtian noticed that Jingyu only came alone. He couldn't help but teased; "Where's your secret lover?"

"He's..." Jingyu couldn't seem to find his voice. Only by then Jingtian noticed the depressed expression in Jingyu's face.

"He's been taken."

"Taken?" Jingtian asked in shock. "Wha- What? What do you mean by taken?"

Jingtian led Jingyu to sit on the sofa. Jingtian took an overall look at Jingyu's body and noticed that there were purplish bruises on Jingyu's knuckles and dried blood from the wound on the knees.

"Did you just get into a fight?"

Jingyu who buried his face in his palms didn't answer.

"Honey!" Jingtian called out for Wei Chen. "Bring out our first aid kit, our Jingyu is wounded."

Jingyu shot up from his position. "No need. I'm fine, I'm-"

Jingyu's protest was cut short by a voice coming from their opposite. "Oh my God! What happened to you?"

Jingyu already met Wei Chen for several times and he already considered Jingtian's boyfriend as his friend as well. So, he didn't feel awkward when Wei Chen kneeled in front of him to help him treat his wound. But still, he insisted that he didn't need it.

"It's just small wound."

"Small wound also needs to be treated." Wei Chen sharply refuted.

"So, tell us how your lover was taken." Jingtian spoke up in a full concern. "Maybe we can offer any kind of help."

Before Jingyu could speak, he suddenly hollered in pain because apparently Wei Chen pressed the wound too hard with a cotton.

"Oh my! Your lover is....?!"

"Ow! That hurt!"

"Sorry... sorry..."

Jingtian was taken aback with his boyfriend's surprised tone. "You know Jingyu's lover?"

Wei Chen gave Jingyu a knowing look which made Jingyu's stomach churned, but he still replied Jingtian with; "Nah... continue. I also want to know."

"It's... hard to tell." Jingyu admitted it first.

When he decided to come to Jingtian's house for help, he felt that he's ready to confess that his boyfriend-kind-of-lover was not entirely a human specie. He felt that explaining that to his closest friend wouldn't be as hard as trying to explain it to the cop. Nonetheless, he still didn't know how to bring it up. Whereas the more he's stalling, the more dangerous his lover situation might be in.