I walked silently to our designated area by the middle of the beach; a great place to put up our volleyball nets, when suddenly someone grabbed the picnic basket from my hand. 

"Hey." I was about to say something else but I realized it was Soren. 

"You should have asked someone to take this. You didn't have to carry it. There are 8 capable men who would be able to help you and I'm one of them." 

"I'm not useless." I yanked the bag back in my hand. 

"I never said you were." He said back. 

Ignoring him, I continued walking until I stopped by Jackie who had presumed reading her book. She had sunglasses on and headphones. 

"You going to join your sisters in the water?" Soren asked, pointing at Sam, Tay and Ash splashing in the water in their two-pieces. A few feet away, people were staring at them like they were watching an episode of Bay Watch. 

"I will after I put on some sunscreen." i said. 

"I'll wait for you." Soren grinned. "Need any help applying it on hard to reach places?" He sounded hopeful. 

"No." I said without skipping a beat. "You don't need to wait for me." 

He shook his head. "I don't think I'd have fun here without you." 

My stomach fluttered, or my heart. I couldn't look at him without getting a funny feeling all over. 

"Soren, can you please just go." My face was heating up and I couldn't stand him looking at me any longer. 

"If that's what you want--okay." He held his hands up in defense, but their was a faint smug smile on his face. He turned around and pulled his shirt over his head. I saw the hard planes of his back and his muscles...wow. 

He had dimples on his lower back! 

Peyton, close your eyes, or look away ! I wasn't the only one who was practically looking his over. It was like almost all the females on the beach took a glance at him--some drooling. I'm pretty sure that the girl walking with the ice -cream cone hadn't noticed she just stepped on the man buried underneath the sand. The man yelped and she fell over on top of him dropping the cone on the man's face. 

Soren dropped his shirt on one of our towels and since he was already wear swim trunks, he walked towards the water, them dove in as soon as the water was waist deep. 

"You are so hot for him." Jackie commented. 

My mouth dropped at her comment. "Shut up." 

*

"I can't believe their here" Sam cried into Ryan's chest. They were publicly embracing each other while everyone else sat at the picnic benches ready to receive food. 

Ryan laughed at his mate, wrapping her around his arm and kissing the top of her head. She rested more into him and giggled. "It's alright babe, we can still spend time together alone" He winked at her whispering to sweet things to her ear. Sam smiled mischievously and allowed him to kiss her on the side of her head one more time.

There it was again, the pain in the center of my chest, every time I saw my sisters or other couples in tight embrace. I felt left out all the time although I hide my emotions very well. 

"Finally...how hard is it to put up a net?" Luca groaned, his forehead wet with sweat. His white shirt was sticking to his skin, because it was so damp. He  unbuttoned a few buttons on his shirt, then decide it wasn't enough and took it off. Half the guys in our group were shirtless and half the girls in the beach were lining up at the ice-cream stand to get cool.