My World Is Falling Apart

Two months later, I handed the last box to the truck driver that was driving the rest of our stuff to North Carolina where we were moving. Almost all of the furniture had been moved there a week ago. All of our personal stuff was going on a private jet that my mom's work was paying for us to take.  I walked back into the house and went up the stairs to get Black Bow and his bed. The little black kitten was sleeping in his rather large bed when I walked into my room.

    "Honey, grab Black Bow and let's go," Mom called.  I quickly grabbed the sleeping kitten and placed him in my hoodie pocket. After doing that, I went back downstairs to put Black Bow's bed in the car. I went back inside to grab my Root Beer that mom got me this morning for being a good sport while moving.

"And we're off!" mom exclaimed as we drove off to get on our private jet.

 Mom was offered a job in Georgetown, South Carolina. She will be working as an assistant at the big Franchise there. She didn't say the name of the company but she expressed her enthusiasm about it so I didn't question it.

   We loaded the plane, which was surprisingly big, and waited to take off. I took Black Bow out of my pocket and set him in my lap. He was still asleep, thankfully. I grabbed my IPad, that was in my backpack, and began playing games as soon as we took off into the sky. The three-hour flight from Idaho to South Carolina was quite bumpy and cold. I had to retrieve a blanket from my suit case in order to enjoy the rest of the flight.     

 "Please fasten your seat belts as we began to descend," the pilot said on the intercom. Black Bow yawned and stretched, before climbing up my arm and then laid down across my shoulders. He leaned more on the back of my chair than my neck, for which I was grateful.    

    "Honey, can't you put Black Bow in the kennel?" Mom asked, looking at the sleeping cat. I rolled my eyes slightly.

 "Don't you remember what happened the last time we did that?" I questioned, ending that subject. 

      After landing and driving to our new house, I began unpacking. Mom bought Black Bow a brand new cat tree which was placed in my room. The size of my new room was incredible! I could have at least seven to ten friends in my room at the same time. I had a small walk-in closet and a bathroom with a bathtub and shower. It was a little much but, I was thankful I had somewhere to bathe, sleep, and most importantly...be alone.  

    I enjoyed the weather more than Idaho. Idaho was always cold and windy, and the temperatures here were drastically different. Georgetown was not a big town. It was more cozy and welcoming. I hadn't been to the school yet and I still wasn't confident about making friends, but so far I was really enjoying the new place.

After about a week of unpacking, I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock telling me to get up for the first day of school. It was mom's first day at work and I hired someone to come and check on Black Bow every few hours because last night he was sick.

  I dragged myself out of bed and dressed for school. Mom made me breakfast, but I could barely even get myself together because I was so nervous, let alone eat. I walked downstairs to see mom in her new work clothes gathering her work stuff.

  "Oh, there you are," she said, spotting me by the table. "I'm off to work and then the school bus should be here in about fifteen minutes, so be ready. I love you," she walked, over giving me a hug. "And I'll see you tonight."

 "Love you too, bye." I replied, in a sleepy tone. I meant it as much as if I were fully awake but I was still super tired.

"I'm not staying up till 11:30 on school nights,"</em> I said to myself.

      I waited about fifteen minutes before leaving the house to catch a ride on the school bus. When the bus arrived at the end of my street I got on, telling myself that I was going to be fine. I was wrong. As soon as I got on everyone was staring. Slowly, walking to the back, I avoided the stares.

"Just keep walking, just keep walking,"I sang in my head.

      When I got to school, it was fine. I assumed that this school got a lot of newbies because nobody seemed to care that I was new.

"The kids on the bus did," a small voice said, in the back of my head.

       After about three classes, someone sneaked up behind me and yanked my hood causing me to fall back. Papers and books flew everywhere when I hit the ground. The person that had pulled me down, happened to be a boy. He laughed uncontrollably at me and walked away. By the end of the day it still wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I had finished all of my homework that was assigned before school was out and I had finished my book that my dad had given me before the move.

       Mom came home that night stressed, and very tired. I gave her some space and took it upon myself to make the both of us dinner. Gratefully, she took her bowl of soup and went back to work in her room. I retreated to mine and when I opened my door, I found Black Bow laying on his back looking at me upside down from my bed.

     "Silly cat," I laughed, sitting down on my bed. Black Bow gladly walked over, stretching as he came, and fell asleep in my lap. Within a week, my sweet kitty and everything I thought was going to be fantastic, went downhill and almost crashed.

Thank you for reading! From now on I will update 2 times a day. If you are enjoying this story please vote, comment, and share this story so it can be more discoverable . Baii for now guys. Until next time.