01

They always seem nice before you get to know them.

Tayten's POV:

"Mya, no, we need to get you ready

"Mya, no, we need to get you ready. Daddy's coming in ten minutes." I sigh as I hold her down on her little chair.

"No, mummy I'm hungry." she groans as she kicks her legs.

"Ok, but you need to look good for your party." I say as I continue doing bantu knots with her soft curls.

Mya groans one more time before settling down, allowing me to do her hair with ease. I'm already stressed enough as its Mya's forth birthday and everyone should be arriving any minute now. Plus now Mya is in one of her moods and that is only multiplying my stress levels.

"See," I smile as I turn Mya around and look at her, "aren't you gorgeous!" I laugh as I tickle her.

Mya jumps up perkily, happy to not have to sit still anymore, and runs to her princess dress, trying to dress herself. I walk over to her and put her ams through the holes for her, seeing that the task proved difficult. "Thank you." she smiles at me once I zip her dress up.

She runs over to the large mirror to admire herself and gasps in joy, "I love it!" she beams before she starts posing with her plastic wand in her hand.

Mya runs toward me and hugs my knee passionately, "Come on, lets get you some food." I smile before picking her up and carrying her, mentally scolding myself for still babying her.

"Mummy, why aren't you married?" Mya asks. The question dripping off her innocent four-year-old lips, pure as rosebuds. I pull her dress down as we start for the garden.

"Because Mummy doesn't have time for a husband, honey pot" I reply, "and I haven't found anyone I want to marry, the pickings are slim."

Both were true, I really don't have time for men right now. Between managing my best friend Shay's music career and raising Mya there really isn't much time. And, additionally all the males I know are fuck ups so they aren't even an option.