Her voice filled with admiration as she told me Mr. Mogul's accomplishments. Throughout the conversation, Ally revealed details about him which I could have read in newspapers and magazine, but she also added a piece of information the tabloids didn't reveal.

William Maxwell was set to inherit Maxwell Enterprises. However, due to his rebelliousness during his adolescence, his father decided to pass him over for his sister, Alexandra Maxwell, instead. She ran the company alongside their father, albeit reluctantly. Her dream was to be a chef.

She thought William can redeem himself by going to Harvard Business School. While he was studying, his father was diagnosed with fourth stage cancer. His father died before he could graduate. His sister then took over their company, and he left school.

Then, under Alexandra's guidance, he was appointed as CEO. He took the opportunity, defied the odds and became what he is now. Although he was known for being distant and aloof, he was popular with the ladies. He was also known as a player who juggles multiple women and rarely gets into a relationship. The last known relationship he had was back in college to a now-famous supermodel.

Just now, it dawned on me how powerful he was. I thought of reasons why he couldn't hurt me though I didn't find any of them reassuring. The man owned more than half of the city's businesses and real estate properties, with local and international branches. He was the worst kind of enemy, and I had the worst kind of luck.

I sighed in defeat. I'm screwed. I didn't know how to face him on my first day at work. I could only pray that I don't cross paths with him at all. Then I remembered Alexandra saying his office was right next to hers, which might mean he'd pass by my desk each time he goes in and out of his office!

After finishing our drinks and bagels, we headed back to our apartment and said our goodbyes. I locked the door and headed towards the bedroom. I curled into a ball on the bed, not bothering to change into pajamas. How the hell was I going to deal with Mr. Mogul?!

The next day, I woke up with a bit of a headache, which I ignored. I showered and dressed. I decided to skip breakfast and go to the hospital right away.

One of the perks of my new place was the short bus ride to and from the hospital my father stayed in, which helped save time. When I arrived, he'd just finished eating breakfast. He was pleasantly surprised to see me this early. I told him about my day yesterday. Somehow, I felt compelled to leave out the part about him taking me home. I don't know why, but I felt like I had to.

My father's eyebrows scrunched together when I told him about William Maxwell. I wondered at his reaction. Maybe it was a response to the way I was narrating the story? I don't know, and I didn't ask.

In the afternoon, Terry came to visit with Andrew. It was the first time my father met Terry's boyfriend. He was cordial about the whole thing. I also told them about the party. Andrew was taken aback when found out I was going to work for Alexandra Maxwell. He started questioning me about it. I got uncomfortable at one point, which made Terry cut him off and say he had to go to work early. In reply, I smiled at him in thanks.

I left a few minutes after Terry, due to my father's insistence. I was reluctant to go since I wouldn't be seeing him until the next weekend, but in the end, I caved in.

Monday arrived, and I got up from bed at five-thirty in the morning. Five thirty is just too early for anyone to be up. However, I wanted to get to work before anyone else. I wanted to be ahead of his game.

Once I finished showering, I checked the closet. I was surprised to find several clothes in it. I found at least ten different kinds of skirts and pantsuits, all lined up neatly. There were also rows of shoes of various designs and colors. I haven't looked at it until now since all the clothes I brought fit in a drawer beside my bed.