You Don't Deserve It

Mal carried her spellbook as she and Evie went to the museum. They were still in their dance close, and the party was still happening.
"Okay. We have fifteen minutes until the party ends, so this talk with your mom has to be short." said Evie.
"I totally ruined your night." Mal muttered. Evie turned around.
"You did not! I'm happy to help a friend in need." Evie chirped.
They opened the door to the museum, glancing around at the cameras. Together, they made a beeline to the sercurity room to see it-
"Empty. Yes!" Mal cheered. "This is going easier than expected."
"Come on. I think they put your mom in the Most Wicked Villians exhibit. C'mon." Evie made a motion with her hand, indicating Mal to follow.
Entering the exhibit, Mal felt like a million eyes were on her. Looking around, she turned to the wax version of Maleficent to see a table with a glass covering on it. Inside the covering was a sleeping newt.
"Here!" Mal said, and Evie ran over, away from her mom's statue.
Mal gently lifted the covering to see the newt, still fast asleep.
"Reverse the shape for ten minutes time, contain the powers until clock's final chime." said Mal, and she zapped the newt. The newt slowing formed into a person, with horns and an elegant cape draped over her shoulders.
"Mom." Mal muttered angrily. Maleficent look up.
"Mal, baby, how are you?" She chirped.
"Bound the victim, tight as can be, until there is no escaping!" Mal said angrily, and Maleficent was bound.
"Why would you go and do a thing like that?" She pouted.
"We need to talk." said Mal.
________________
"So everyone knows your true name?" Maleficent screeched.
"Keep your voice down!" Evie hissed.
"Yes. Mom, what do I do?" Mal pleaded
"You don't deserve it." Maleficent said simply. "You haven't proven me you're evil."
"So what do I do?" Demanded Mal.
"Something evil." Maleficent replied.
"Like..." Mal asked.
"I don't know! Something!" Malefocent said wildly.
"What? You're literally the most feared villian and you can't tell me how to be evil?" Mal screeched.
"Quiet!" Evie hissed.
"Have you been a newt for six months?" Maleficent snapped. "My thought process is barely working!"
"Mom!" Mal whined. "Help me!"
"Fine! Here's what you do. You-" before Maleficent could finished, she was turned back
into a newt. Mal muttered a curse word.
"Mal, come on!" Evie said, and they ran back to the dorms. Mal saw people dispersing from the party. They entered their dorm and changed into pajamas quickly, switched out the light, and were in bed when then heard a knock at the door.
"Mal?" said Ben gently. "You okay?"
"Go away!" Mal barked.
"Mal, let me in." said Ben.
"No!"
"Mal, please!"
"Go away!"
Mal heard footsteps, and she knew he left. She drifted off into an uneasy sleep.
________________
Mal dreamed of Ben walking up to her and breaking up. Jay, Carlos, and Evie were all behind her, laughing, until Evie stopped.
"Mal?" Evie then asked worriedly. "Mal, wake up!" Then Evie walked over and shook her.
"Wha- oh. I was dreaming." Mal muttered. Evie was in focus, with a serious case of bedhead.
"Mal, you might want to check the news." said Evie worriedly. Mal gulped.
The headlines read:
Maleficent's Back- Not in the Way You'd Think
"Mal, daughter of Maleficent, came from the Isle of the Lost and saved us from Maleficent. But did she really? Or was she booting her mother out so a new Maleficent could come into power, for Mal's true name is Maleficent!" The reporter said dramatically.
"That little peice of sh-" Mal began.
"Mal! Don't let it get to you!" Evie burst. "Just stay in the dorm today. I'm gonna go talk to Carlos."
"Ugh. Fine. I'm gonna draw." Mal spat.
"Okay. I'll be b-"
"Here's what king Ben Beast has to say on the matter." said the reporter.
"WHAT?" Mal and Evie shouted.
"Ben, what do you have to say about your very own girlfriend hiding her true name from you?" asked a reporter, shoving the mic into Ben's face.
"I'm kind of hurt that she would keep a thing like that away from me." answered Ben. Evie slammed the door shut as Mal's eyes glowed green. Evie plopped down next to Mal.
"She never told me, and I've told her tons of things. It just... doesn't make sense." Ben sighed. "I guess that's the problem with dating a villian " Mal gasped.
"HOW DARE YOU?" Evie roared.
"Are you planning on breaking up with her?" A reporter asked.
"Yes. Yes I am." said Ben.
"That's it." said Mal angrily. "I'm talking to him."
"Mal, let me!" Evie gasped.
"No. I need to fight my own battles." Mal retorted, storming out of her dorm.
                      ________________
Mal threw open the doors of the castle in anger.
"Ma'am, I don't think you can-" Mal flashed her green eyes to the servents, who scurried away.
"May I please see my darling boyfriend?" Mal asked through gritted teeth. The head servent lead her to Ben's room, where he sat with his head in his hands.
"Your Highness, Mal is here to see you." Thd head servent said, bowing. Ben looked up.
"Hey Mal. You okay?" Ben asked gently.
"Why would ypu possibly think I'm okay when I just watched the news?" asked Mal through gritted teeth. The color drained from Ben's face.
"Well- I- uh-"
"WHY ARE YOU BREAKING UO WITH ME?" Mal bellowed.
"Mal, you can't not tell me that's your real name! We're supposed to trust eachother!" Ben retorted.
"BEN! MY MOTHER SAYS I CAN'T USE THAT FULL NAME UNTIL I PROVE HOW EVIL I AM! I AM OBLIGED MY AN ANCIENT SPELL TO DO SOMETHING EVIL!"
"Mal, there's no doubt that they hid cameras in here!"
"I DON'T CARE! IT'S YOUR FAULT!"
"Mal, you're supposed to tell me this! Our relationship is built on trust!"
"THEN MAYBE WE'LL HAVE TO END OUR RELATIONSHIP, CAUSE WE'RE DONE!" Mal reached over and slapped Ben and ran off.
By the time she made it back to her dorm, Evie was glued to the TV.
"Mal, look!" She yelled.
"Breaking news! This just in! We placed a camera in king Ben's room to see this!" an anchor said.
"BEN! MY MOTHER SAYS I CAN'T USE THAT FULL NAME UNTIL I PROVE HOW EVIL I AM! I AM OBLIGED MY AN ANCIENT SPELL TO DO SOMETHING EVIL!" Mal saw the convorsation Ben and her had.
"Followed by Maleficent being a little harsh." The anchor said. He was calling her Maleficent now? How dare he!
"Mal, you're supposed to tell me this! Our relationship is built on trust!"
"THEN MAYBE WE'LL HAVE TO END OUR RELATIONSHIP, CAUSE WE'RE DONE!"
Mal watched in horror as she slapped Ben on the recording.
Evie turned to Mal, jaw agape.
"He deserved it." spat Evie.
                      ________________
sorry if updates on any books are slow, i have tons of book plus im going away for a bit. bye!