Chapter 2

(Kiyomi's POV)

"Stop! It burns!"

"Princess Kiyomi, this hurts me more than it hurts you."

My body begins to grow hot in pain, and I couldn't help but clutch my head from his evil intentions.

"You're nothing but a spoiled brat. You should understand what pain is to grow into a better kunoichi."

I began to bang on the glass as the temperature increased. My screams became louder. My body began to surrender at this moment. My eyes began to close but reopen to the sound of a loud knock.

Knock. Knock. Knock. "Hello, Yumiko. Are you home?"

I rise from my slumber in a cold sweat. I hear a faint voice at the door and become bewildered by my surroundings. I'm in an unfamiliar home. Itachi put me under a genjutsu, and now I'm here.

Knock. Knock. Knock. "Yumiko, please come out to the door. I'm sorry."

That voice sounds like a child. I get out of bed and head straight to the door opening it. I look out and see nobody but then realize the person at the door was shorter than me. It was a boy with red hair and seafoam-colored eyes clutching a brown bag. His presence was small but his chakra was far from it.

"I-I'm sorry I thought this was Yumiko's house."

The boy looks at the ground in pure sadness. I notice sand on the ground as I take in his full appearance. Then realize a sand house behind him. I'm not in the leaf village. Itachi took me from the one place I've been trying to get back to for six years now.

"Damn it!"

I shout and slam my fist against the front door in annoyance as reality sets in for me.

"I'm sorry! I-

I realize my actions frightened the little boy. I squat down in front of him and apologize for my actions and ask him what village are we in right now. He looks at me confused and confirms that we're indeed standing in the sand village. I'm in enemy territory.

"So whatcha got in the bag, kid?"

He looks puzzled and holds the bag to his chest. "This is for Yumiko and Yumkio only."

I begin to explain to him that Yumiko is not here, so he might as well share what's in the bag with me seen he came knocking on my door. He giggles and asks me a weird question with sad eyes.

"Do you want to eat with me?"

"Look, I'm so hungry I can't even think straight. What's so wrong with eating with you anyway? You have a sweet face. I don't detect any enemy here."

A small smile forms on his face, and he nods his head. He walks inside my place and walks over to the dining table. He's more familiar with this place than I am. He opens the brown bag and pulls out two chocolate chip cookies. I'm flattered, but this is not going to fill my empty stomach.

"I made these cookies for Yumiko and Daisuke. Daisuke called me a monster and slammed her door in my face."

I damn near choke on my cookie once the boy begins to explain himself. Monster? Why would someone call this child a monster? he looks so soft. I begin to respond and then realize I don't even know this child's name.

"Well, you don't look like a monster. You have such a sweet face. How dare someone call you that. What's your name? sweet face."

"My name is Gaara."

"My name is Kiyomi. Kiyomi Namikaze!"

Gaara looks shocked and begins to laugh at me. I become embarrassed and ask the small child why I'm suddenly amusing to him. He tells me that I have a couple of twin people that look just like me.

"The other day, I was outside my dad's office, and there was a person who said their name was Kiyomi Namikaze too."

I tell him that's impossible because there is only one me. He tells me he's serious and that his uncle Yashimura always kills the people who make that crazy accusation. Chills begin to run down my spine. People are pretending to be me. I don't understand, why though?

"I heard my father, The Kazekage, say they get some type of reward, or they get to go to the leaf village. I can't remember b-

"Damn it"

I slam my fist on the table not knowing what to do at this moment. When I hit the table, random sand begins to swarm Gaara in defense from my blow on the table. My skeptical face causes Gaara to cry.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I can't help it."

He tries to leave startled by this sand but he trips from his untied shoes. This kid is the child of the Kazekage. I'm in enemy territory. I'm starving. I don't even think it's safe to leave this house because imposters are pretending to be me.

I walk over to a crying Gaara and begin to console him. He attempts to push me away for a minute then welcomes my embrace.

"I don't know who you are or what you're capable of, yet I know that the name monster is not something I would label you. I can feel the huge chakra swirling inside of you. You must know that the animal inside of you is a monster, but you, my sweet face are far from that."

Gaara begins to sob in my arms. I've never seen a kid with so much pain. Are all the stories I heard about other villages true? All the kids in other villages must have a hard childhood compared to the kids in the Leaf village.

"I don't know if I will see you again, Gaara, but you must leave now. I'm sure your father will begin to send out a search party for your whereabouts."

Gaara shakes his head in disapproval. He begins to confess that his father tries to kill him at any chance he can get. Why would a father try to kill his own child. My father cherished my life more than his own.

"There must be someone you can trust other than me right now."

"My uncle Yashimaru likes me. I will head to him. Thank you, real Kiyomi. I hope you liked my cookies."

He smiles and dashes for the front door. He gives me one last smile and waves goodbye before his tiny frame is no longer in front of me. 'Real Kiyomi' I'm glad I didn't have to prove myself to him. There has to be something in this fridge to eat. I find nothing, so I begin to look in the cabinets.

A bunch of cups filled with ramen. Well, one thing I give Itachi is he knows what I like. He's always made sure no matter what, to feed me. He used to say that I wasn't myself when I was hungry and that he could always tell when my stomach wasn't full.

"Thanks, Itachi."