01. Apprehension

Beholding the magical maelstrom shrouding the peaks of Ironspike Mountains, Queen Ashe's turquoise eyes glints with alarm.

"Something is not right, but I cannot determine where exactly the danger is from." She thinks to herself as she stares intently at the snowy vortex engulfing the views of the mountain. Ashe starts walking back and forth on her balcony, displaying a profound sense of perturbation. Her thought is disrupted with someone strides into the balcony.

"What is the matter?" The enterer booms and his voice echoes back and forth against the spacious mountainous wall the balcony located adjacent. Ashe looks up at the enterer who clads in a scanty-looking armor suit.

"You look a little strange without your helmet, Trynd." Ashe gives him a tiny smile on her perfectly-shaped lips. She seldom smiles without a definite purpose. In fact, she seldom does anything without a specific goal in mind.

The enterer, Tryndamere, understands how Queen Ashe is like thus he does not gloat in her scarcely given smiles but instead trying to equate his mental frequency with hers.

"You look very worried," Tryndamere observes, "and you have been looking this worried since yesterday. What are you thinking?"

Ashe looked away and stared at the snowy maelstrom afar once again.

"I'm afraid something bad is going to happen, and I cannot discover what is that," Her voice harbors a tiny tinge of trembles that only the most meticulous observer can pick up.

Tryndamere, as a barbarian as he is, notices that. Not because he is a punctilious person by nature but because his heart is fully devoted to the Ice queen standing in front of him. Even though he utterly understands his affection is not reciprocated and probably never will be.

"Sejuani is on her toes again?" Tryndamere suggests with some thoughts, recalling back to the bloody civil war between the Iceborns not long ago.

Ashe shook her head, frowning a little, "I have people spying over at Lokfar, the place where that wild berserker Olaf lives and most probably the current location where Sejuani resides. I don't think the source of danger comes from her."

Tryndamere wants to say something assuring, but nothing comes to mind to comfort the woman that he treasures the most. Born as a barbaric warrior, he did not receive any education in literacy or even adequate exposure to normal social etiquette. All he learned as a child was being a ferocious raider, and the later life-changing experience of the full demise of his own tribe only drove him further from civility that seems compatible with a royal queen.

"It may be Lissandra, since she is the epitome of treachery and betrayal," continued Ashe, not bothering to conceal the strong contempt in her tone, "But I know she does not have enough strength at the moment to go against us." She recollects to the time during the civil war where her diplomatic ties won over the Ice Witch when she managed to dwindle Lissandra's allies to only Trundle the troll king.

"Could it be Noxus?" Tryndamere does not really understand much of Noxus, rather than the fact that Noxus has a group of audacious barbarians who always get in conflicts with some of the Freljordians in the north.

Their conversation was cut short when an attendant of the royal palace bellowed from outside, "Your majesty, you have a guest from Noxus."

Though remaining calm at all times has always been Ashe's strong suit, her heart skips a beat when she heard the word 'Noxus', a place synonymous with brutality. Despite this fluster, she composes herself both in mind and expression and walks into the main hall with a mind crystal clear. Tryndamere follows, he picks up his helmet which has been resting on a wooden chair before he entered the balcony.