Chapter 1

(Kiyomi's POV)

Keep running. Do not stop running. I have to rest. I've been running for what almost feels like an hour now.

"There's a spot."

I find a perfect hiding spot to rest and regain my strength. Okay, Kiyomi, we have to center our chakra. I take the hair tie from my wrist and gather my long yellow hair into a high ponytail.

"Breath in... and out!" I affirm while gaining control of my breath and my chakra.

I don't sense his evil chakra anymore. He must've lost me. Knowing his title, that's unlikely. If he wanted to find me, he would've found me. He must've given up.

I need to teleport back to the village and tell my dad what happened. I assemble the right-hand signs to teleport to my father's location.

"Not found!"

What! That's impossible, I know it's been six years, but my father should still be in the hidden leaf. Hell, even if he's not Hokage, he should be alive. He's one of the strongest ninjas from our village.

"Shit, What do I do?"

I hear a rustle between the bushes in front of me. In fear of being killed, I quickly decided to transport to the boy I always loved. I close my eyes and feel my body transfer to his location. I huff and puff in fear, scared to open my eyes. The sound of a scream causes me to peek. I wished I never did. I hoped opening my eyes didn't taint the image I held of him.

"I-Itachi!"

My fearful dark blue eyes meet his anxious Sharingan eyes. He had gotten taller, and his hair got longer as well. He was different, not just physically but emotionally. His chakra feels so cold.

"K-Kiyomi...Where have you been? I m-

He stops mid-sentence in utter confusion at my actions. When he tries to approach me, I walk backward. I had been missing from my village for six years, yet he's expecting me to greet him like this. He realizes why and smirks.

"What's a little blood to princess Kiyomi?"

He chuckles after his statement in an attempt to lighten the mood, but he doesn't seem to realize how traumatic today has been for me. The blood on his attire and the sword in his left hand, and he wants to make me laugh.

"What has gotten into you! What happened?"

"Life happened, Kiyomi. You wouldn't be able to comprehend the decision I am making right now. Please, I need you to turn around and find the nearest hospital."

He tries again to console me, but I lose it. Anger and confusion fuels my veins. "You murderer! What about Sasuke? He needs you, and you're killing your people!"

"Enough, Kiyomi!"

Those were the last words I heard before I looked up to a red sky. Time was moving so fast it made me dizzy. Itachi had placed me under his spell, yet again.