33. The Beginning of The End

Sirius spent the rest of the summer at James's house. For all I know, he hasn't spoke to anyone in his family since then. I don't blame him; I wouldn't want to go back to that death trap of a home either.

I look at the clock on my nightstand. 8:37. I need to leave at around 10:30 to get to the station in time to catch the train.

My mum usually gets up at around 9:00 so I decide to make her some breakfast. I get the bread out and put some toast in the toaster. While that's cooking, I put some blueberry muffins in the oven and scramble some eggs. When the table is set with plates, napkins, silverware, glasses filled with orange juice, eggs, toast, muffins, bacon, jelly, and butter, my mum comes downstairs.

"Did you do this?" she asks.

"No, the ghost over there did it," I say sarcastically. "Yes, I did this."

While we eat, she questions me about school like parents do.

"So, are you looking forward to going back to school?" she asks.

"Yeah, for the most part," I say. "I'm just not looking forward to half of the idiots that go there. And some of those are me friends."

Mum laughs and continues, "How are your friends doing? Oh, and how's Sirius?"

I decided after I went to Sirius's house that it's better not to tell my mum about that, so I just respond with, "Good. I haven't seen James, Remus, or Peter all summer."

"What are you wearing today?" she asks. "You should wear something cute."

"I think I'm just wearing a hoodie. Besides," I say. "No one will really see me since we have to change into our robes before we get to Hogwarts."

After eating, I head back upstairs and get dressed. I put on my Gryffindor Quidditch hoodie with some jeans and ankle boots. By now, it's 9:30 so I decide to curl my hair and put on a some makeup.

At 10:30, I tell Mum bye and go to Kings Cross Train Station. This is it, I think as I look at the wall between platforms nine and ten. The beginning of the end.

>>><<<

"Anything from the trolley?" the Trolley Witch asks at our compartment door. James and Lily, head boy and girl, are with the prefects at the moment, so it's just me, Sirius, Remus, and Peter in the compartment. At first I was upset that Lily was a prefect and head girl, but I have something else in mind.

Sirius immediately gets up and gets some candy for all of us to share. But as he is coming back into the compartment he runs into the glass door, which makes me bust out laughing.

"Ow! F- fu- fudge!"

Sirius opens the door and then sits next to me. "Not funny." But that only makes me laugh harder.

"That was definitely hilarious," I say.

"You can be a terrible girlfriend," Sirius says sarcastically as he pulls me into a hug.

"Look who's talking," I retort, hugging him back.

"Are you calling me a girl?" he asks in fake offense.

"Well I wasn't but you sure act like it sometimes..." I say. This gets a laugh from the rest of the Marauders in the compartment.

"This is it, I guess," Remus says after a while. "The start of our last year at Hogwarts."

"The beginning of the end," I say.

The rest of the train ride, we spent recalling memories that we've made since first year.

"Remember that time in fourth year when James fell down the stairs when they were moving and almost died?" Sirius says with a laugh.

"Hey, why are we bringing that up?" James says as he and Lily enter the compartment for the first time this year.

"We're remembering special memories throughout our Hogwarts," I say.

"Oh, two can play at that game," James says. "Remember at the beginning of fifth year, when Sirius had just got his animagus form and he got stuck as a dog for the whole weekend?"

"Again," Sirius says. "Not funny."

"Oh!" I say. "Remember in third year when Peter-"

I am interrupted by Peter saying, "I know what you're going to say! Let's not mention that!"

About an hour later, we finally get to Hogwarts. The sorting begins and about twenty people are sorted into each house.

"Oh shoot," I say as I remember something. "The end of this week's a full moon."

"Yep," says Remus and he continues to eat his chicken.

"You're gonna turn into a chicken if you don't stop eating it," I say to him.

"That's what my mum says," he says. "Better than being a..... never mind."

The feast finally ends and I head up to the Gryffindor Common Room. But in the way there, I experience something rather...

Odd.

I'm on my way to the stairs when I see a familiar face walk right past me. I quickly turn around and see that Regulus Black is looking at me.

"Why were you at my house?" he asks simply.

"Because... because..." I can't think of what to say, so I panic. "That's none of your business."

"Actually," he says. "It is my business as it's my house."

"I don't think it's your house," I retort. "So why don't you ask your mum. You can probably guess that she doesn't like me so I suppose I should stop talking to you now." And with that, I walk away.

>>><<<

A/N:

Okay. This chapter was wayyyy to short. It was just a filler chapter and tbh it was so boring to write. The next couple of chapters will be filler chapters too fyi sooo...

Also, I'm sorry I haven't been uploading during the week. If you read my book The Random Book, then you would know that I am finally out of my reading slump so I just want to read and not write anything 😂 Sorry about that!

One more thing! Since this is the Marauders and Lily's last year at Hogwarts, I think I'm going to make the chapters closer together and not as spaced out!

Comment, Vote, Share!

xoxo,
Caitlin ❤️