five.

CHAPTER FIVEGOOD TIME GONE BAD

CHAPTER FIVE
GOOD TIME GONE BAD

▼△▼△▼△▼

        MUSIC PLAYED SOFTLY through the radio of the Scott Brother's company truck. Jade sat in the backseat, leaning forward onto the middle console that was placed between Haley and Lucas. She fiddled with the camera that, as per usual, was wrapped around her neck. Lucas was in his usual, grumpy mood due to Nathan's antics, despite having played well in his basketball game that night.

        "The guys kidnapped you, trashed your court, threatened you with bodily harm. Party? Yeah, sure, why not?" Haley muttered. The three were on their way to Dan Scott's beach house, where Nathan was hosting a post-game party for the Ravens basketball team. "Jade, tell him that this is a bad idea."

        "Actually, I think it will be good for all of us. Get out, have some fun, you know?" She replied, looking up from the screen of her camera. Jade knew that she needed to apologize Nathan at some point, and the party would be the perfect location for that. Everyone would either be drunk, or too involved to care. It would give her the perfect opportunity to talk to him in private.

        Haley gave her a disgruntled look, and rolled her eyes at the girl, before slouching back down in her seat. Lucas shook his head, moving his hand up the steering wheel and resting it on top, "Okay, listen. I know it's all a set up, all right? But, I'm not gonna let him screw with me. Whatever he dishes out, he's gonna get back double."

        "Do you think, maybe, just maybe, he's had a change of heart?" Jade asked, hoping to lighten their spirits just a bit. There was no doubt that Jade wanted nothing more than to be able to go home for the night, but she couldn't leave until she had spoken to Nathan.

        "Requires a heart," Lucas chuckled. The truck pulled up to the front of the beach house. Jade was shocked by the size of it, and she was sure her two friends were, as well, as they all stared, agape, at it.

        Jade slid out of the backseat of the truck, and followed behind Haley as they made their way to the other side. Nathan met up with the three of them, at the side of the truck. Lucas was mumbling something to Nathan as the two girls had just managed to catch up.

        Nathan stepped in front of Haley, cutting her off, and held out his hand for her, "Hi, I'm Nathan Scott."

        "Yeah, I know. I'm Haley," She greeted him, not sounding like she wanted to be in his presence at all. Nathan smiled down at the girl, letting her walk off. He didn't even bother to look over at Jade, though. The girl took it upon herself to reach out for his wrist. He looked back at her, a questioning look on his face.