Chapter 30

Harry reaches up with a shaky hand and wipes the sweat off his forehead. He's so pissed at himself for getting in this condition, he knew better, especially after what happened when Jessi drugged him, the reaction he had then. But no, what does he do, he goes and gets hooked on the shit and damn near kills the woman he loves and his son.
Hell Nancy is right, he's a fuck up, not worth spit. He should have left Jerica alone like everyone told him to, at least until he got his life in order.

"Harry, you okay?" Gemma asks, noticing the condition her brother's in.

Harry shakes his head. "No, I'm not." He snaps, drawing everyone's attention to him. "I'm sweating like a pig, my hands are shaking and I feel like I'm going to puke."

"Good." Andi says.

Harry looks at her. "Look I know you hate me, that's fine. But keep your trap shut." He snaps.

"Whoa, there dude. Don't you dare talk to my wife like that." Louis snaps. "You feeling the way you do is you're fault, being treated the way you are is too. You brought all this on yourself by your own actions. No one made you take those drugs, you did that on your own, knowing damn well they made you an abusive jerk. So keep your tongue in you head." Louis says, coming to Andi's defense.

Harry suddenly jumps up and runs to the rear of the private jet they're in, slamming the bathroom door. "If he wasn't my son I could almost hate him right now." Anne says, wiping away a few tears.

Gemma just shakes her head and goes and checks on Harry, opening the bathroom door she gasps. "Mom!" She yells as she tries to pull Harry out of the small space. "Help, please."

"Move, I got him." Louis says as he grabs Harry's arms and pulls Harry into the larger cabin of the plane.

Anne drops to her knees beside him, taking the wet rag Andi is holding out to her. Wiping the blood off Harry's chin and neck Anne works his mouth open. "Louis, go tell Alex to speed this plane up. We need to get home as fast as possible. Harry's throwing up blood."

"Josh is a fucking dead man." Louis mutters as he walks toward the pilot's cabin.
...............

Jay knocks on the door Jerica is in and waits. When she hears a soft reply, she opens the door and enters. "Is he asleep?"

"Yeah. Makes me wish I was a baby sometime, unbothered by life right now." Jerica says.

Jay sits down beside the beautiful girl. "Gemma just called, they're on the way here. They'll be landing soon, honey, they're taking Harry straight to the hospital." Jay whispers.

"What?" Jerica asks, tears already on her cheeks. "Why?"

"It seems when he was here one of his employees got him hooked on some drugs, even though he knew the side effects." Jay says. "On the way here to try and find out if you were okay, he started throwing up blood and passed out."

"So that's why he was acting the way he was." Jerica whispers. "God he's so stupid. He put our son in danger for a high. How could he do that?"

"I don't know hun. When you have that monster on your back, you don't think of things like that. You just want that next fix." Jay says. "Now come on, I'll take you to the hospital they're taking him to."

Jerica nods. "Do you think Lottie will watch Tim? I've pumped some bottles of milk for him, they're in the cooler." She says.

"I'd love to." Lottie says from the door. "He'll be fine I promise. Dan will be here if I need help."

Jerica kisses the girl's cheek. "I trust you." She says, the follows Jay to her car. Minutes later Jay leads Jerica into the same hospital she works at, as the walk through the doors they hear Anne yelling, running in that direction they come to the room Harry's in only to find him on he bed having what looks a severe seizure.

Seeing this Jerica runs to Harry's side, places her hands on his cheeks, then leans closer and whispers. "Harry please, stop this. You have to fight, our son needs you, I need you. You can't keep killing yourself like this, it's not fair to us." She says, then lays her head on his chest. As soon as she does that Harry stops shaking. Everyone in the room freezes to see what happens next, when his hand moves and tangles in Jerica's hair Anne turns and cries into Jay's shoulder.

If this what death feels like Harry wants no part of it, he thought as he tries, and fails to stop shaking. Then suddenly he feels the soft, small hands he knows so well on his cheeks. Thinking he's dreaming Harry tries to take a deep breath, then he hears his angels sweet voice, telling him she and their son needs him, but she doesn't need him as much as he needs her, he thinks as he slowly stops shaking. When he feels Jerica's head on his chest, her tears wetting the thin hospital gown he's wearing, Harry raises his hand and tangles his fingers into her wonderful hair.