Chapter 46: "I still hate him. I just love doing it."

Start from the beginning

“Those boys are his family! You will let them into see him! I am his mother! I say they can.”

The sound of the woman’s voice made Noah, Jaden and Nicholas rise from their seats quickly. Lily gave a yelp when Noah almost threw her to the floor.

The nurses in the waiting room all looked to the three of them, their eyes flickering back to each other before, finally, one of the nurses nodded and waved the guys over quickly.

Nicholas dashed away instantly, Noah stood still only to kiss Lily quickly and Jaden stooped down to my level to kiss my head and murmur softly:

“Stay here.”

I didn’t get to reply before he was being ushered out of the waiting room by Luke’s mother and the nurses.

“He really cares about you y’know?” Lily suddenly whispered from her position on the bench and I turned warily to face her.

“I know.” I sighed. I did. Or at least I do now.

And I care about him too, to which extent I don’t know but I don’t ever want to say goodbye to him. He means too much. It was too late to turn back; it was too late to act like nothing was happening. We had given in and now we had to face it.

We needed each other.

I need him.

“You know? No more lying and saying you hate him?” She asked almost coyly.

I laughed. It was rusty sounding but I still managed a laugh.

“No, I still hate him. I just love doing it. Ha! I love to hate him. Go figure.” I muttered shaking my head. Lily smiled and nodded.

“Thank you Elyon.” Lily suddenly said laying her head back onto the seat, her eyes closing.

“For what?” I asked confused.

“For falling into our life, it’s been one hell of a ride.” She whispered back and I smiled softly.

“It’s not over yet.”

I was sure of it.

I must have fallen asleep; it was way past midnight after all, because when I opened my eyes Jaden was crouching in front of me holding a hot steaming cup of coffee.

“Hey,” I whispered sleepily.

“Hey,” he repeated back to me, smiling a little and handing me the polystyrene cup.

“What’s happening now?” I asked sitting straighter and brining to the cup to my mouth.

Jaden sighed and took his previous seat.

On quick inspection I noticed Lily and Noah were both gone. Nicholas was by the coffee machine; glaring at the little cup.

“They say he’s stable now. Still in a coma, but they are hopeful. His Mum had to leave; Noah and Lily are with him just now. We don’t want him to be alone.” He said sadly.

“I can see him?” I asked pulling the cup away from my mouth quickly.

“Yeah, just drink that and then I’ll take you okay?” He said indicating my cup. I nodded and began drinking again.

We fell into a comfortable silence. The sound of me sipping my coffee breaking it occasionally.

“I’m finished.” I said quietly once the last of my coffee was gone. Nicholas was back in the seat beside mine now and he shot me a confused glance before he realised I was talking to Jaden.