25

The search went smoothly. And even if they didn't find Polly, the party did find a few rats in Eversgreen Forest.

The Blossoms showed up to stir up trouble, claiming that Polly was criminal and a psychopath.

So the search came to a stop as the Coopers had a family meeting inside of a nearby church.

And while the search party and the Blossoms waited impatiently outside, a news crew came to report the accusations against Polly.

Arabella was standing awkwardly with Jughead and Archie when Veronica walked over with Kevin.

"Hey," the raven-haired girl said; her eyes, that gave off an evil look, never leaving the Blossom family. "What's up with the Squares?"

Arabella shrugged, her eyes completely attached to another figure, moving her attention from everything else that was going on. That figure being Eric.

He was standing across the somewhat large crowd, talking to one of his football friends.

She couldn't help but feel her vomit rising from guilt, though she quickly pushed the horrible gut-feeling down.

So when his eyes met hers' and the feeling rose again, she looked away as quickly as possible.

Arabella knew that Eric spoke to her, she would most likely blurt out her wrong doing. So she attempted to keep her distance no matter how important telling him was.

"Looks like little Betty Boop's big sister is going to be in real-time trouble once the Sheriff catches up with her," the annoying voice of Cheryl Blossom said cockily, walking up to the group of friends.

"Watch out, Breakfast Club, you might lose your Princess in the process. Only Heaven knows what the Coopers will do when we find Polly first."

Arabella rolled her eyes, turning her attention to the red-headed girl.

"Cheryl," she began with the most annoyed look she could possibly have, "shut the hell up."

The red-headed girl's mouth shut in anger before quickly turning and walking back to her parents. Cheryl only walking over to the group to taunt them.

All eyes turned and whispers left lips when the Coopers finally decided to address the part of the town that would listen to them.

Alice Cooper began her monologue: "There has been a swirl of rumors today about our daughter, Polly. And we're standing here to tell you that they're all false.
Yes, Polly was seeking treatment in a private care facility, and she was under strict observation... even at the time of Jason Blossom's death. When she found out about the murder, she was beside herself with grief."

The facade that the woman put on was hilarious to watch, but Arabella deemed it necessary to protect Polly from the Blossoms, because Arabella knew that Alice Cooper was horrible in general, but she didn't believe that she was bad enough to give up her daughter to any Blossom.

"You see," the blonde woman continued, "my daughter, Polly, is pregnant with Jason Blossom's baby.

Gasps and whispers filled the area, including Archie's and Veronica's.

"Polly's pregnant?" Veronica asked with utter shock. No one answered her rhetorical question.

Arabella looked up at Jughead who reciprocated the stare; the two already knowing about Betty's sister.

"Polly wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone the father of her unborn child." Alice said with sorrow, moving on from the shocking news after letting it sink into the people's minds. "Polly, darling, if you're watching this, please come home."