Chapter 1

"Come on Mary!" my mom yelled as I was getting ready for my first day of school.

"I'll be right there! Hold on!" I screamed back to her.

It was my first day of school back from summer vacation. I was kind of nervous to see everyone again. I wasn't what you called the 'popular' one. I didn't really have many friends and I was kind of the shy type. I had a brother that went to the same school as me also. He was a junior and I was a soft more. I threw in a skater skirt and a crop top then headed down stairs for breakfast.

"Nice outfit loser" my brother said

"Shut up" I snapped back at him

"Stop it the two of you!" my mom said

I got into my brother's car and we started driving to school. We got there and I didn't want to get out. I picked my self up and got out of the car. As I walked in I noticed everyone staring at me. I felt like I had everyone's eyes in the whole world looking at me. I was walking as fast as I could until I reached the front doors. When I walked in I got the handbook for my classes and went to my first class.

I sat down in the seat in the back of the room. I felt a hand touch my back and I look back and see Cameron. Cameron was one of my best friends that I've known since preschool. He was also my next door neighbor too.

"Hey" he said as he sat next to me

"Hey"

"So how's your first day going so far?" he asked

"Eh. You?" I asked

"Ok I guess" he said back

Cameron had big brown eyes and chocolate brown hair. He was one of the sweetest guys I know. All the girls at my school basically druel over him.

We sat in class listening to the teacher go on and on about algebraic expressions when Cameron passed me a note. It read: Wanna grab some ice cream after school? I laughed a little and wrote back: Sure you idiot. I passed it back to him and he laughs a little too and looks at me and smiles.

"Mr. Dallas is there something you'd like to share with the class?" our teacher asked

"No I'm just kinda bored in this class" Cameron said back. I laughed a little and looked at him.

"I don't appreciate back talk Mr. Dallas. So I guess I'll see you in detention after school." our teacher said with an annoyed voice.

I started giggling before I realized our notes. My smile went right to a straight face when I realized we couldn't get ice cream later today.

After school I hopped into my brothers car.

"Why so depressed" my brother asked

"No reason just leave me alone" I said back.

We got home and I went into my room. I put on my headphones and fell asleep. I woke up and realized it was almost 5:00. I heard someone calling my name from outside so I went to my window and looked out.

"Mary!" I heard someone calling. I look around and see Cameron calling from his house.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry I kinda ruined our time together today." he said

"It's ok. I know you didn't mean to be a smart ass" I said sarcastically.

"Well miss sassy wanna get some ice cream now?"

"Sure" I said. " I'll meet you on the corner in like 5 minutes" I shut the window and went to my bathroom. I put some light makeup on and fixed my hair. I headed down stairs and yell "Mom I'm going to get ice cream with cameron" I walked out the door and went to the corner.

We started to walk and he grabs my hand. I felt goosebumps on my whole body an chills down my spine. I grab his hand back and we walked together until we reached the ice cream shop. We ordered our ice cream and sat in a booth.

"I hate school. I wish it was still summer" Cameron said

"Me too school sucks" I said back

Cameron and I finished our ice cream and headed to a small hill. We sat in the grass and looked at the pond.

"Nice day huh?" he said

"Ya" I said back

He leaned in closer to me. I got the chills again. He pressed his lips into mine. I had a little crush on him but I really just thought of me and him as friends. I looked into his big brown eyes and stood up.

"Where are you going?" he asked as I was walking away.

"Home. I'm sorry Cameron but I just don't think I'm ready for a relationship yet" I said to him.

I look back and see him standing there looking all depressed. I quickly run back I him and kiss him. "I'm sorry" I said to him running away again.

I get to my house and lay in my bed. It's about 10:00 when I hear something hitting my window. I look out and see Cameron throwing rocks at my window. I open it and look at him.

"I'm sorry I kissed you today. I didn't mean to scare you or make you feel awkward." He said

"It's ok" I said back to him. For some reason I wanted him with me right now next to me. "Come in here!" I say to him.

"Right now?" he asked

"Ya" I said

I had a ladder next to my house since the summer so he could come to my room easily. He got to my room and I gave him a hug. I rapped my arms around his neck and didn't let go. He rapped his arms around my waist. He stood there for about 30 seconds before there was a nock on my door.

"Mary?" My mom said through the door.

"Quick get in my bathroom" I whispered to Cameron. He quickly ran into the bathroom in my room.

"Yes mom?" I replied.

She came in and asked "Is everything ok in here? Why don't you get some sleep"

"Ok I will"

She walked out of my room and I told Cameron it was ok to come out. He came back into my room and I kissed him on the cheek and told him he should probably get some sleep too.

"Ok" he said back "See you tomorrow baby"

"Good night" I said

"Night" he replied

I couldn't go to sleep the whole night. I was still thinking about when he called me baby. I had butterflies in my stomach before I finally fell asleep.