Chapter 14

I sit aboard the deck of the "Imagination" ... Wishing my own was not as corrupt.

------------------------------

We were both leaning over the edge, Nemori was confused because she couldn't see the smashed remains of the ship that I had watched Mercie throw. "Aero?" She asked troubled. "Are you alright?"
I looked to her and I was speechless. Before I could even try and comprehend what to say I heard Mercie again. "Let go of me!" She cried as two Awoken guards began to lead her through the courtyard. Mercie struggled and fought, kicking wildly through the air as the guards did their best to restrain her. I left Nemori's side for a moment and approached the guards. Mercie stopped her struggling and instantly locked eyes with me. My vision flashed and images poured into my mind. The first was of the Awoken Queen, she was on her knees and her robes were dirty and stained with blood. I watched in horror as a flesh trail of blood began to pour down her elegant frame, further staining her. I looked to where the blood poured only to see Oryx's twisted claws wrapped tightly around her neck. With a scream the image fell and another replaced it.
This next image was of Vette, she was in a dark room, she was wearing pure white night gown and her body was perfectly still. I shuddered as there was a loud audible crack, clearly from a hand canon. A small back hole was instantly burned into her brow and she ceased to move ever again. With another scream this image also ceased to exist.
A final image came to be. This one of Nemori. She appeared to be lying on the ground somewhere, in a pool o her own blood. Her arms were stuck at odd angles and her neck was clearly broken.  
"Nemori" I choked out, holding back tears. I broke my vision from the image and I realized I was In a cream colored dome of smoke. The images surrounded me, intruded into every part of my thoughts until they were all I could think about. I watched as a figure began to cut through the smoke, I strained to make out who it was and it was nearly impossible until they were right on top of me.
It was Nemori. She slowly cupped the side of my face. I smiled, thinking that this nightmare was over. But I was wrong. I watched in horror as Nemori's skin and flesh was ripped from her body. Her blood sprayed wildly and covered me heavily. She was nothing but bones, standing before me with a twisted grin. In an instant she forced her hand clean through my chassis. My vision faded and eventually went black.
Slowly everything came back to me. I heard Mercie scream as one of the guards injected  her with a sedative. Without thinking I pulled my weapon from my side and fired two clean shots, instantly killing both of the guards. I stayed like that. Frozen with my arm raised and my cannon in hand. Mercie ran to my side and hugged me tightly. I looked down at her and her now glowing green eyes burned themselves into the back of my mind.
I turned to Nemori, my weapon still drawn. But she never moved. "Aero? What happened to you?" She spoke with no fear in her voice. I looked between Mercie and Nemori. Mercie had a grin across her face as black tears poured from her Emerald eyes. I didn't respond but simply holstered my weapon. Mercie slowly let go of me and I began to walk towards Nemori. She didn't move back. She couldn't. She was against the edge of the courtyard. It was a 20 story drop behind her. I slowly approached her, stopping inches from her. She slowly reached up and kissed me. "No matter what Aero, I will still love you." She said softly. I watched in sadness as a tear slowly rolled down her cheek. Almost as if she knew what was going to happen next. She sighed and smiled. We stood there motionless for what felt like an hour. Both of us just staring into each other's eyes.
In one swift motion I grabbed her around the waist and threw her behind me, taking myself over the edge and spiraling downward to the death that would end this nightmare once and for all.

But that death never came, there was no impact with the ground.
I watched, horrified, as a green portal opened below me. I could clearly see Oryx on the other side.

"The end is soon."