So now, I'm driving back to the hospital, still mad at him. I can't believe he really did that to Crystal! I know that I, myself, didn't know what exactly happened. Like Kylie said, Crystal might have said something to provoke Kris, but he didn't have to try to kill her! And he didn't even deny it! And what's worse, I just left Kylie there with him!

Kylie's face flashed in my mind where she said that she trusts him. It was like, if Kris turned into a zombie, she'd still trust him not to eat her. Does she...does she like him? I mean, she just friends zoned me in one of the previous chapters. At least I think she did.

I clenched my jaw and gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white. Well, I can't really blame her for liking him. They live under the same roof. Who knows what they have been doing all this time or what Kris has been doing to her or what she has been doing to him. And I don't mean anything sexual, you green-minded readers. Oh, don't even deny it.

The thought of Kylie liking Kris just makes me mad even more. Kylie is not that stupid to fall for him. To fall for a ghost, right? Let's face it. Whether we accept it or not, the fact that Kris is dead will never change. Never. And the dead and the living can't be together.

I'm not being cold-hearted. I'm just facing reality here. The cruel reality.

By the time I got back to the hospital, I was able to compose myself, but didn't go inside Crystal's room. I just sat on one of the seats outside. I wanted to be alone for a while, but of course, at a place where I can easily check up on her.

I looked around and saw families who looked like zombies because of their disheveled looks. There were also ones who looked really happy to receive good news that their patient was safe.

A familiar scent made its way to my nose, making me cringe. I hate the antiseptic smell of a hospital. It brings back memories I had in a hospital a few years ago.

Karen and George, Kris' parents, were sitting across me outside the operating room. Karen was sobbing into her husband's chest whilst George held Karen tightly into him. He was doing his best not to cry, but tears managed to escape.

"We can't lose him, George. We can't lose him, too." Karen cried, her voice muffled by George's shirt. Apparently, Kris' younger sister, Kira, died years ago because of cancer.

George just kissed Karen's temple in response. I think he doesn't want to give her false hope by saying something positive if anything happens to Kris.

I looked away and focused on not crying. It's been an hour and a half since the doctors started the operation. Kris was caught in a car accident. Or so we thought.

I just kept reminding myself that Kris is strong. He wouldn't die easily. Right?

I clenched my fists and looked around to see if Crystal was here, but she's nowhere to be found. I wonder why. Didn't she get a call from Kris' parents or something? I decided to call her, but she's not answering. Kris would surely look for her the moment he open his eyes. That guy really likes her.

After another painful hour of waiting and praying, a doctor came out, unfortunately, with a grim expression. I took a sharp intake of air when I saw the doctor's face. He looked at George and Karen with sympathy. "Are you the parents of the patient?"

"Yes. How is my son? Is he okay? Please tell me he's okay." Karen asked almost pleadingly.

The doctor slowly shook his head. "I'm sorry, but the patient didn't make it. He lost a lot of blood. His head was also severely injured."