Watching From The Sidelines

Start from the beginning

"Sure, that's what you said last time," you mumble under your breath.

As if to stab you in the heart just one last time Bucky suddenly strips off his jacket and puts it around Dolores's shoulders.

"Uggghhhh." You moan loudly as you and Steve head in the opposite direction.

"(Y/N) calm down!" Steve chuckles. "You're acting as if it's the end of the world. You know what he's like, he'll be over her by next week! It'll never work anyway, she lives too far from him. He won't be able to sneak into her room as often as he wants." He jokes.

"That's not the problem Steve. The problem is that he can't see the issue! He's dragging us around on a day that was meant to be fun for all of us but he's just spoiling it." You exclaim.

                               ~~~~

The rest of the way to the station is spent with you ranting about Bucky while Steve listens - or at least acts like he is - quietly. The two of you stand on the platform and wait, and wait. Finally the train pulls up.

"Ah man he better hurry up." Steve murmurs as he checks his watch. "He's got two minutes until this thing leaves and we aren't waiting."

"You know what he's like, him and Dot are probably off somewhere in some bush or behind some sand dune having a quickie before he sees her off" you say distastefully.

"Your right and let's be real a quickie is never a quickie when it comes to Bucky. I should've walked her myself. We wouldn't be have been stuck in this predicament now if I did." Steve huffs.

"Can we please ju-"

"I'm here! I'm here!" You suddenly hear him shouting from the distance.

You both turn around and look at him pointedly as he runs towards you.

"Took your time didn't you?" You shout clearly pissed.

"Steve did you get the tickets?" He gasps as he catches up.

You can't help but notice the fact that his shirt is undone more than it was before, his hair is messed up and there's lipstick on his neck.

Wonder what he's been up to...

"No, how could I when you took off without giving me your half of the money? I ain't paying for you boy." Steve frowns as if it's obvious.

"Hm that's funny, you took off quick but took your time coming back?" You question.

He just gives you a confused look.

Is he stupid?

You love Bucky, he's your best friend, and yes you have a crush on him but sometimes you just want to kill him.

"Oh right sorry!" He exclaims and pulls out his wallet.

But as soon as he opens it and looks inside he falters.

"Um..." He mutters.

"What?" You snap impatiently.

"I must've spent it all on Dot," he says deliberately.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" You explode, over it all. "That was for me too!"

"I'm real sorry Steve could I pay you back?" he asks.

"I'll see if I have enough." Steve rolls his eyes and checks his own wallet but then his face pales too. "Oh shit." He mumbles.

"Oh my god what now?" You wine just wanting to go.