Magma

Magma

Volcano I: Earth

Eruption 01: Colors

The palace shook violently as the end of the battle approached. The Avatar had defeated the fire lord with help from his friends and companions. Aang and Katara appeared to be in a trance, as if he was amplifying her healing powers while in the Avatar state. Their eyes glowed and a wave of energy was released.

Sokka and Suki's injuries began to disappear. It was victory and a chance for peace; it would all finally end well. In the chaotic battle, Toph was thrown against a wall at one point. Her earth bending still present, they knew she lived, even if consciousness slowly faded away. "Toph, Toph!"

"Hmm..." Who was it, helping her stand up? Zuko... it was Zuko, she recognized him before opening her eyes. Then she opened them and stared at the swirl of colors before her, until they became a face.

"Your eyes..." Green, they were the most brilliant shade of green, not colorless as they had been before. He wondered if she could see him now.

Toph blinked. She didn't know what was going on but she liked it. "You're really handsome."

xoxox xox xoxox

"Hmm... hehe... hehehe, haha!" Toph woke up to feel a tickle on her feet.

"Sounds like you're regaining the feeling on your feet, that's a good sign." Katara? She was healing her?

Toph's eyes remained closed after waking up to a healing session. She opened them and saw no whirl of color, no caring golden eyes, nothing. Of course, it was just a dream; all of it was only a dream.

xoxox xox xoxox

Eruption 02: Touch

Later, Zuko passed by in the hall outside her room. He saw the door open and Toph sitting on her bed. "Toph?"

She hated not being able to see with her feet. Her hands had been absentmindedly playing with her hair out of boredom. "What is it?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to ask how you're feeling." The tensions between the group were still running high and their interaction was mostly awkward.

"I'm very bored, come here for a second." Toph motioned with her hand for Zuko to come closer.

He approached but her hand movements did not cease. "I'm here."

"Closer," He leaned closer and she pinched his cheek.

"Stop that!"

Toph laughed. "Because of you I have to see with my hands now, so don't complain."

Though irritated by it, Zuko didn't complain about being poked as he carried Toph around. He was only trying to make things up to her after all.

xoxox xox xoxox

Eruption 03: Heat

The days passed slowly, Zuko was glad to have been accepted into the Avatar's group. Slowly, the tensions started to melt away and daily interaction became more natural. But even if he was happy to be there, a little private time wouldn't hurt.

Zuko heated the water in the tub and prepared for a relaxing hot bath. He heard soft foot steps approaching and jumped into the large stone tub Toph had made earlier.

"You splashed me," the earth bender wiped the drops of warm water from her face.

"You shouldn't come in here without knocking when there's someone trying to take a bath," Zuko had been almost constantly watched since he arrived and his alone time became rare.