Pretending not to know

Start from the beginning

Izaya POV

Arg what the hell is this?! In the first place, I don't want to be near him. Even so, he always appears, when I'm not feeling so well! Oh damn it, is that a curse or something? Seriously, I have to get away from him as soon as possible! The problem was that I still felt dizzy and like that, I couldn't do much against Shizu-chan.
He got me some water and was so solicitous that I really wanted to run away. "I told you that I felt a bit dizzy, so stop being so overprotective, I'm not a sick child." The protozoan looked at me and began to pat my head. Seriously, what is this Idiot thinking?! "Got it, but you should just ask for help when you need some."
"I don't need your help! And I am completely fine by myself. In the first place, the reason I'm here again is that you kidnapped me when I couldn't do anything about it! Also, I told you a few times already, that you should leave me alone! So why the hell are y...". Shit, I'm so annoyed, that I brought up this stupid topic myself. As I realized that the room was silent for a while, I didn't know why Shizu-chan wasn't saying anything, because he tried to bring up this topic a few times during the past days. But the fact that he didn't say anything was my advantage, so I used it. "Well it's late already, so I'm going to sleep now. Just leave already." But instead of leaving, he shouted at me, which reminded me of the times, he chased me through Ikebukuro. "YOU STUPID FLEA! JUST WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"I observed him carefully in the dark room, which was only illuminated by the moonlight. It seemed like he was quite angry this time so I decided to climb out of the bed to bring some distance between us. Just in case that he would attack me I tried to find a way out, the problem was that the way out the window behind me was impossible, because of my injuries and Shizu-chan stood between me and the door. Like this, it was nearly impossible to take this path, because I would've been to slow in my actual condition. So I just waited for his next move.

3 POV

Shizuos bedroom was filled with complete silence for a short while and it was like both of them were waiting for the next move of the other person. When the blonde bartender made a step towards the informant he took a step back to keep the distance. That showed the taller man that he first had to talk to him so that Izaya wouldn't expect an attack anymore. And like that he began to talk in a more calm voice. "Listen, I didn't mean to shout like that, I just got angry because you are still running away from me." Izaya glared at Shizuo like he wanted to set him on fire. He really got angry because he was told that he was running away from Shizuo. But Izaya decided to play his usual game, even though his emotions were broodling inside, he refused to show it. "Well, Shizu-chan I guess it is pretty normal to run away when you are chased by someone who wants to kill you. Don't you think so?" Izaya looked at the blond with his typical mischievous smile and the atmosphere got more tense again. "Really Flea? That is exactly what I mean. I won't try to kill you anymore, because I don't want to lose you. So don't be scared anymore and face me, instead of running away." That was too much, to say that Orihara Izaya was scared of something like that was one of the few things Izayas pride would not tolerate. The one who began to shout this time was the informant. "HA? AS IF I WOULD BE SCARED OF SUCH A STUPID PROTOZOAN WHO IS BLABBERING NONSENSE THE WHOLE TIME. STOP THIS ALREADY! EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO FIGHT ANYMORE, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I WON'T KILL YOU, WHEN I GET THE CHANCE!" 

"I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE SO DISHONEST TO YOURSELF! YOU FELL ASLEEP ON MY SHOULDER. AND YOU ARE STILL SAYING THAT YOU WANT TO KILL ME? ARE YOU USUALLY SLEEPING ON THE SHOULDER OF THE PERSON YOU WANT TO SEE DEAD THE MOST?"

"I STILL WANT TO SEE YOU DEAD AND I TOLD YOU BEFORE, I WASN'T SLEEPING! BESIDES THAT, WHY IS IT SO DAMN IMPORTANT TO YOU WHAT I'M DOING OR THINKING? ARE MY MOM OR WHAT?!"

"HOW CAN AN INFORMANT BE THIS STUPID?! I AM SO CONCERNED BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU! SO JUST ACCEPT THE FEELINGS YOU HAVE FOR ME ALREADY?"

"PAH, AS IF I WOULD EVER ACCEPT THAT! BEFORE THAT HAPPENS I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF!" After Izayas last sentence there was a silence again, both men were a bit breathless and breathed heavily. The informant was thinking about Shizuos confession and even though he already guessed as much, hearing it was even more strange. But the thing that bothered him the most was that his heart skipped a beat when he heard Shizuo saying 'I fucking love you.' the first one to interrupt the silence was Shizuo. "Oi flea, I don't know if you noticed, but just now you said you wouldn't accept your feelings, which means that you do feel something else than hate for me, right?" Izayas eyes widened as the taller man got closer to him. He denied it in his mind the whole time because such feelings make you weak and vulnerable. That was something the informant didn't want to be, he was always protecting himself and he was satisfied with being alone and being hated and feared by most people. He never thought about changing a thing, but then this unpredictable man in front of him decided to interfere with his world. And bit by bit he began to destroy the perfect wall the informant built up for so long. By the time Shizuo reached the raven he still hadn't found a fitting reply. "Izaya I really like you and even if you don't feel the same way yet, it is fine. But you know as well as I do that you also harbor feelings for me, so accept them please." The brown eyes of the tall man were pinned on the informant in front of him, but Izaya was still refusing to face him. "No .... You are wrong! Stop trying to push your feelings onto me!" But the voice of the raven was so instable that his statement wasn't really convincing. Shizuo began to whisper while raising Izayas chin with his right hand so that he had to look him in the eyes. "The fact that you are avoiding eye contact is already proof that you are lying. Izaya..." The blond stopped to talk when he saw that tears were flowing down the cheeks of the shorter man. In the next moment, Shizuo just hugged him tightly. While doing so, he was careful not to use too much strength. In the beginning, Izaya was still trying to push him away, but he soon stopped and buried his face in the shoulder of the barkeeper. After a short silence, the blond man began to caress Izayas back, while he whispered in his ear. "Izaya, even when you push me away I'll stay with you, so you have to live with it. And I was serious when I said that you don't have to tell me that you like me or anything. But please begin to rely on me, because I don't want to see you getting injured anymore." It took some time before Izaya replied while he was still hiding his face. "Stupid Shizu-chan!" Those words made Shizuo smile and he pulled Izaya even closer into his hug.

~~~~~~

Hi thank you for reading so far. I'm aware that this chapter took a loooooong time but I just didn't have any time. I hope you'll continue to read this story even though it'll end soon.
As always don't hesitate to write comments, because I really appreciate them.

See you again in the next chapter. ;)