"it looks like your mom's been out driving again"

NO TRESPASSING. KEEP OUT!
Read the sign on the fence.
"Hey Vern, it looks like your mom's been out driving again," Gordie says looking at all the car parts. I snicker at him.
"That was so funny I forgot to laugh," Vern says sarcastically.

"Come on, let's climb over," Chris says.
"Stand back men!" Teddy shouts and throws his bag over the fence, us repeating his actions. Teddy and Vern climb over first, then Gordie and Chris. They stand on the other side of the fence waiting for me, as I look at them.

"You coming or not?" Chris asks.
"I don't know.."
"Whatta ya mean you don't know? You either climb over the fence and stick with us, or you don't and go home!" Teddy exclaims. I look up the fence and put my hands on it, "I'm afraid of heights."
"If I can do it, then you can too Addy!" Vern encourages.
"What if I fall?"
"You're not gonna fall Addy. I'll even stand here just in case," Chris smiles. I smile back at him, "Mmkay."

I grip onto the fence and push my way up, the boys telling me where to step.
"You're doing great Addy!" Chris winks at me. I blush lightly.

Once I get to the top, I don't know how to get down.
"Uh, Chris?" I ask shaking.
"Just jump."
"Hell no! Are you crazy? I'll fall flat in my face!" I yell. Chris puts his arms out, "I won't let you fall, ever." I look down at him and then at Vern, Gordie and Teddy who are well ahead of us.
"Promise?" I smile. He nods and crosses his heart, "Promise."

I jump off the fence and land into Chris' arms, my force making him stumble to the ground. He holds onto me and chuckles as we fall. I lay on top of him and look into his eyes.
"You promised I wouldn't fall," I cock my head.
"True, but I never promised that we wouldn't fall," he smirks. We laugh and look at each other. We begin to lean towards each other when we get interrupted by the boys making kissing sounds. I roll my eyes and push myself off of Chris.

"Chris was about to get some! Oooh Christopher!" Vern says, they all laugh.

Chris and I stand up, quite embarrassed by what just happened. Not because we were about to kiss, but because the boys were watching us.