The three of us walked around trying to find a way out of the park. Dani suddenly pulled my arm and leaned close to my ear to speak to me - well, rant is more like it.

"Santana, it's nice of you to help out your old best friend out and all, but you could've at least asked if it was okay with me. I feel uncomfortable knowing the girl you used to be in love with is going to be staying at your place for a few weeks. Tell me, is it wrong for me to feel this way?" Dani whispered in my ear. She looked over to see if Brittany was listening. I looked to my left too, but Britt was in her own little world.

She then added, "Also, it's kind of weird that the three of us are holding hands all together. It looks like we're twelve year old best friends or some threesome couple - look, I just don't want to lose you."

"You don't have to worry about anything. I'm not planning on cheating on you, and Brittany and I agreed after we broke up that we'd be best friends and just best friends."

***

The whole ride to Dani's place was as silent as the walk to the park earlier today. It was hard to ignore the sheer awkward tension in the car, but no one bothered to try and make it better.

Finally, the car stopped in front of Dani's. I looked to my girlfriend as she smiled sadly and opened the car door. I decided to follow her outside and at least walk her to her door.

"Well, even though our date didn't exactly go the way you wanted it to, I still had a great time," I said softly as I placed one foot on the last step of the short staircase, hoping to lighten the mood. She seemed kind of down and I guess I didn't blame her.

"It's okay, I still had a good time too," she sighed, pursing her lips as she reached for my hand. "See you at work tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Good night." I leaned in for a kiss on the cheek when all of the sudden I felt Dani grab on to my face, and her lips crashed into mine. I tried to shorten the kiss, because this kiss wasn't like Dani's usual sweet kisses, it was rough and even forced. Finally, I succeeded and she removed her hands from my cheeks.

"Good night," She whispered.

My eyebrows furrowed; I didn't understand what Dani was trying to do or what was she trying to prove. She seemed like she was putting up some kind of act. Instead of overthinking it, I shrugged it off and began heading back to the cab.

I opened the door of the car and Dani instantly yelled out, "love you babe!"

I smiled, feelings slightly mortified.

She was being strange.

"Love.. you too," I laughed nervously, slowly taking a seat into the cab and shutting the door beside me.

The driver turned around and asked, "where off to next?" I gave him the address of the apartment and he turned back around, beginning the car to drive,

"You guys are adorable," Brittany mumbled, breaking the silence. My head spun around towards her, but she was resting her head against the window, looking out of it.

"Thanks," I replied.

"I knew you can do it Santana."

I glanced at her direction again. "Do what?"

She then finally turned around. "I told you that you needed to find yourself a real girlfriend. You look happier now that you've moved on."

Moved on.

I wasn't sure if I had moved on completely. Every now and then Brittany comes to mind. I'm not saying I still think about her in a way that would define me as "madly in love" or anything, but I still wouldn't call that moving on.