My tiny friend

"Yes,dad I know. I'll be fine." We arrived at the airport a hour ago and he still hasn't finished his speech about do's and dont's.

"And remember to call me when you land and when you arrive at Paul's place." He continued in a worried voice. I swear he's worse than those moms i usually see on tv.

"Dad. I'm seventeen not seven." I said taking my bags from him. we said goodbye, wich felt longer than his speech. When he finally let me go I boarded the plane.

I sat at the window. A few minutes later someone sat down next to me. I looked next to me and saw this really fat guy. He looks very familliar. "Hey." I said finally remembering him from school. I think his names Lesley. He's in my science, english and biology class. "You're Lesley, right?"

He looked up surprised and blushed when he saw who i was. He's really shy he never talks unless he has too. He just nodded. After a few minutes i got bored. And everyone who knows me, knows i should never get bored. That never ends well. So i tried making a conversation with Lesley. Unfortunally i always say the first thing that pops into my mind no matter how stupid it sounds. I never think things trough. Life's too short to think.

"I had a dog named Lesley once, but then i found out it's a boy..." when i realised what i said i stopped. oh,no. Did i offend him. I looked over at him, but he laughed. "What did you call him then?" He asked smiling.

I smiled too. "Bob."

"Bob?" He said laughing. "Thats terrible."

"Hey, i was 4." I said laughing with him. "I wasn't very good with names back then. I even had a turtle called lightning and a gold fish called hercules."

He lauged even more. When he got over his shyness we talked, laughed and joked around on the plane.

"Can i get you something to eat?" The stewardess asked us.

"Yeah. I'll have the.......crab." I said looking at the menu. This is one of the perks of being in first class. " And a coke."

"I'll have the same." Lesley said.

Fifteen minutes later Stephenie, the stewardess, brought our food.

I've never ate crab before in my life, so it was a little new to me. I tried to break a piece off but my crab was tough, i pulled harder and the piece flew across the isle and hit an old lady's head. Lesley and i starded laughing. She looked back and glared at us. Lesley and i stopped lauging and acted innocent. When she turned around we started laughing again. When we were done eating we just sat and talked for a while. Turns out he was headed to live with his grandparents for a while because his parents are going through a divorce. We talked obout our famillys for a while. And I decided to tell him about that night of the accident.

------------------------------FLASHBACK----------------------------

I snuck out to a party i wasn't allowed to go. I regretted my decision the moment i arrived. People crowded into the house and spilled out the front door in to the yard. music blarred through open windows. I didn't feel very comfortable in the house so i went out to the back yard and sat down on one of the benches. I didn't notice that i wasn't alone. there was a guy leaning against the trunk of a giant oak tree, watching me. He smiled like he liked what he saw. He pushed away from the tree and walked over to me. He flashed a toothpaste commercial smile. He sat down beside me. He was drunk. How you doing baby?" ha asked and took my hand and stroked it with his thumb, i tried to pull away but his grip was strong. and the music was too loud for anyone to hear if i screamed. He lifted his free hand and his fingers trailed along my jaw line. He leaned down and kissed me. He wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me close.I tried to push him away again, but his hold tightened. I begged him too stop but he didn't. instead he pushed me back on the bench and continued feeling me up. I shoved his shoulder and he fell to the ground. he was too drunk to stand up so i took that as my chance to run away. So i got up end tried to run away, but he grabbed my ankle. I fell on my chest, knocking the wind out of me. Still holding my leg, he dragged me back. The ground scraped my stomach and hands as i was trying to find a place to hold onto. He flipped me over on my back, he pinned my shoulders to the ground. He was busy unbuttoning my shirt when Zac, my best friends boyfriend, came out the door with Jenny. He ran over and pulled the guy off me and kicked him out, he wanted to call the police. But i didn't want to make a big deal out of it, i was too embarresed. Jenny walked me to the front yard, and i called my mom to come pick me up. When she got there she was pissed. She yelled at me while we drove. But i wasn't really paying attention. I was staring at the scrapes on my hands, wich was bleeding a little. "What happened?" Mom asked. I told her, then she started crying. I looked up at her to apologize but I saw a pair of headlights coming right at us.

---------------------end of flashback-------------------

"I was the only surviver." I felt a tear escape my eye.

"I'm sorry." Lesley said with sympathy.

"Nah, it's okay." I lied. He noticed but didn't say anything, I appreciated that. We sat in silence for a few minutes, and then I finally drifted to sleep.

I suddenly woke up in shock. it was the first time in a long time i had dreamt about the accident.

"Alex? Are you are you alright." Lesley aked concerned.

Tears overflowed from my eyes without warning, gushing down my face. I broke down in sobs. Lesley seemed to know what i was dreaming about and pulled me into a hug to try to comfort me. Usually I never cry infront of anyone. I was the suffer in silence type. But right now i was glad to have someone with me. i cried on Lesley's shoulder for about five minutes then i was all cried out. "Thanks, tiny." My nickname for him,. He smiled. "Are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fine." I assured him. "Just a little tired." I layed my ead on his shoulder, he's so soft. It wasn't long before I fell asleep again.

"Alex." Lesley woke me up when we were about to land. When we got off the plane he helped me carry my stuff. We walked to a coffee shop and bought some coffee and continued walking down to where we were supposed to find Paul, and Lesley's grandparents. When we got there he spotted his grandparents. He put my bags down. I gave him a hug. "Good luck, tiny." He chuckled. "To you too, Alex." He walked off to his grandparents and turned back one last time and waved. I smiled and waved back.

"Alex?" Someone asked hesitantly behind me. When i turned around a big guy was standing there.

"Who wants to know?" I asked suspiciously.

"Oh, come on! You don't recognaise your favourite cousin?" He asked surprised, sarcastic and a little hurt.

"Paul!" I said a little louder than nessisary. I was just so surprised, he changed alot since i saw him. The dude's huge.

He laughed and hugged me tight and spun me around. When he put me back on the ground. "Wow, i canit believe it's been six years. What are you now, like seventeen," he didn't give me a chance to answer." You grew up well."

"Thanks." I said looking at the floor, trying to hide my red face. "Well, let's go." I said grabbing my bags and headed for the door.

"Wait!" He called after me catching up. " Let me help you with that." He took my bags and we walked to the car. "So, who was that big guy you hugged?"

"Oh," I was surprised i didn't think he saw that. "That's lesley, we sat next to each other on the plane. We go to the same school too."

"Oh, okay."

The rest of the way we talked about the old days and all the kind of trouble we got into.