The Best Dog Ever

Watching a One Direction concert from backstage is probably not the ideal location to get the full experience, but it was exactly where I wanted to be that night. The unlimited, free, alcoholic beverages certainly helped, and by the end I was singing along with every song, making up the words as I went.

"You must be Harry's girl?" The Irish one asked as he came off stage when the show ended and gave me a high five.

"His girl?" I giggled, starting to feel my cheeks go numb after the alcohol. "I guess so."

"I'm Niall," he introduced himself.

"Thanks." I smiled, and he looked at me oddly before walking away to put his guitar away. 'Why did I thank him??' I thought, and waited for Harry. He and Louis exited the stage a few minutes later. Seeing me, Harry's face lit up into a smile made of actual rainbows.

"Ellie!" He opened his arms to welcome me into a hug.

"Harry...you're drenched?" I stepped away, and he looked down at his soaked shirt.

"Oh, yeah, Louis threw his water bottle at me," he gave Louis a nudge as we walked to the dressing room. "So, what did you think?"

"Great! A lot of energy. Your fans really love you guys," I answered. "I'm happy that you sound better than before, at the bookstore. I was worried this was going to suck major balls."

Harry and I both laughed, but Louis looked confused. "You sang to her?"

"Just for fun, I was trying to sound bad, don't worry about it," Harry answered quickly.

"What was your favorite song?" Louis asked.

"Ummm," my mind suddenly went blank. "Well, I don't really know any of the names of your songs, but... there was one, like, 'The Best Dog Ever' or something?"

They both snickered, and even Niall, still putting his guitar away, laughed. "It's actually, 'The Best Song Ever'." Harry corrected.

"Well, if that's how you feel... That's a little conceited, don't you think?" I teased.

"No, that's the title. It's 'Song' not 'Dog.' But that would be a good song, maybe on our next album," Harry added and Louis nodded.

"We should write more songs about dogs. Speaking of which, did you see that dildo someone threw on stage?" Louis asked me. "It was massive!" He held up his hands to indicate the size.

I shrugged. "Eh, it wasn't too big." They both stared at me in shock, a little smile forming on Harry's lips. "I'm just kidding!"

"How did dogs make you think of that?" Harry asked him and scrunched his nose in distaste.

"They both began with 'd' don't be gross," Louis defended and gave Harry a light shove.

"Is that kind of thing normal?" I asked once they'd settled down.

They shrugged. "We've had worse. Usually it's bras and stuff like that."

"Worse?" I didn't even want to know.

"Tampons," Louis whispered.

"Eww!!" I shrieked. "Like, uh, new ones, I hope?"

"New?" Harry and Louis both looked confused, and I didn't want to elaborate what that meant.

"They were not used, if that's what you're asking," Liam clarified. "And, we've got to bounce." He put his hand on Louis' shoulder.

"Right, that thing." Louis replied and started to follow him. "See you, Ellie!"