"Belle? Are you okay?" 

All heads turned in Belle's direction, making her face flush even more than it already had.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" She chuckled nervously, hoping to merlin her eyes weren't red.

"Your eyes are red." Eileen pointed out, a look of worry on her face. "Have you been crying?"

"No - no, I don't cry." She laughed, though the fake-ness of it was clear to everyone. "How was Quidditch tryouts?"

"Oh! It went amazing! Guess who made the team?" James giggled like a child, clapping his hands.

"And guess who didn't." Rose snorted, nudging Sirius. The boy glared at her.

"Shove off, Rosie."

"Oh, Belle, I made it! I'm the first ever second year girl to make the team! How cool is that?" Eileen asked, her eyes showing pride and confidence; two of the things Belle didn't have right now. Belle smiled at the girl through clenched teeth, making Remus and Lily frown.

"That's great!"

-- -- -- -- --

Belle sat with Remus in the library, reviewing Potions for their upcoming test. She'd been devoting herself to her studies recently, which seemed to be a good distraction. Remus and Lily had still not forgotten the scene in the dorm but have yet to confront the girl about it. They were hoping Belle would tell them herself but too much time was passing. About a month and a half had passed and Belle had yet to get a letter from her father. She tried to convince herself that it had just slipped past her father's mind to write to his only child, but she had a bad feeling her father was avoiding something. Something that most likely had to do with her mother.

"Belle." Remus whispered, nudging her leg with his foot underneath the table. Belle looked up from her Potions textbook, eyebrows raised.

"Yea?"

"Can I talk to you in the hall?" He nodded towards the hallway, where the two could talk without getting shushed. Belle nodded though confused. Once the two were safely out of ear's distance from Madam Pince, Remus begun to talk.

"Lily and I, we knew- know- you were crying in the dorm that day." 

Belle groaned, shaking her head.

"Remus that was a month ago."

"We know, but thats not the point. Why were you crying? You can tell me, Belle." 

Belle looked him dead in the eyes and locker her jaw.

"'llI tell you when you tell me."

"Belle, I really can't-"

"Well, Remus, I really can't. Looks like we're all unhappy."

"Why are you being this way?" He huffed, slightly annoyed. Belle had been touchy all month, and none of her friends could figure out why.

"Maybe this is the real me." Belle shrugged, her temper rising. Little did she know that the remaining Marauders had stumbled upon the two, and were hiding behind a weird statue a little ways away.

"This ins't you, Belle. Don't try to play it off like that."

"That's where your wrong, this is me. Your just finally seeing how disgusting I really am!" She raised her voice, freezing when she realized what she said. Great, now Remus was going to think she was a freak as well.

"Disgusting? What - Belle you are not disgusting." Remus gaped, looking at his best friend who looked so small right now.

"Yes I am, Remus. No need to sugar-coat it, I am."

"How are you even slightly disgusting, Brielle?"

"My eyes are too far apart, I'm too short, I'm too bulky-"

"Shut up." It was now Belle's turn to gape at Remus, who never uttered such blunt words to anyone before.

"Excuse me?" She said.

"Belle, shut up. You're not disgusting. You know who's disgusting? Moaning Myrtle. She's disgusting." Belle looked down, but a smile had accompanied her face. She glanced up at Remus before blushing.

"You think so?"

"Yea, you're- uh- cool." Remus said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. Belle giggled, nodding her head.

"Thanks Remus, you're cool too." She smiled.

"Thanks." The two sat in an awkward silence for a moment, before speaking at the same time.

"I should go-"

"I need to go-" 

They both chuckled, before Belle nodded at him and went the opposite direction, a light skip in her step.

 This was the happiest she's felt in a long time.