page of NinjagoForever's book

(so this is how i think this should have ended BOLD is my work regular is NinjagoForevers work)

You sigh and wonder how you let Cole talk you into this as you pull an apron over your head. This is either going to be very fun or a complete disaster, and you're betting on the latter.

"Ready to do this, y/n?" Cole asks.

You muster a grin. "Yep. Time for you to get some lessons from the master."

"Okay, what's first?" Cole asks, looking at the cake recipe you brought. Zane gave you strict instructions to never let it out of your sight so Cole can't take it and copy it.

"Can you preheat the oven to four hundred degrees?" you ask.

"Sure," Cole says. You start melting the butter while Cole fiddles with the knobs on the oven. Eventually, he steps back and nods to himself. "Okay, now what?"

You're busy measuring flour and sugar, so you ask, "Can you get the eggs?"

"You got it." You hear Cole rummaging around in the fridge, then wince when you hear him drop one on the floor. "Sorry."

"I've got the flour and sugar," you say, turning back to the bowl. "Did you crack the eggs?"

Cole gives you a confused look. "Crack the eggs?"

"Yes. You're supposed to—oh, no." You look into the bowl you're using and see three uncracked eggs sitting in the bottom. "Cole, you do know that you're supposed to crack the eggs first, right? Otherwise the eggshell gets in there, and that's just nasty."

"I am?" Cole asks. "Oh. That explains a lot."

You show Cole how to crack the eggs, then put the flour and sugar in. Things are going well until you make the mistake of turning your back to take the butter off of the stove. When you turn back around, you find Cole trying to measure salt over the bowl.

"Aaah! Cole!" you yelp. "You're not supposed to measure stuff over the bowl!"

Cole glances down at the salt and teaspoon in his hands. "Then where do I measure it? I can't do it over the counter, or Jay and Kai will complain that I make a mess."

"Do it over the sink," you tell him, dumping the butter in. "But never, ever over the bowl. That's literally the worst place to measure anything."

Cole only makes one more mistake—trying to add way too much cocoa powder.

"You know," you say once the cake is in the oven, "about ninety percent of your problem is that nobody's ever bothered to explain cooking to you."

Cole stares at you for a minute. "That may be the nicest thing anyone's ever said about my cooking." There's only one thing left—testing the cake. You and Cole are both understandably nervous about eating something Cole helped make, so you decide to volunteer a few unwitting test subjects.

"Guys! I made cake!" you yell. Less than thirty seconds later, Lloyd, Zane, Jay, and Kai are in the kitchen. You cut slices for everyone, and the other four ninja dig right in.

You lean over to Cole and whisper, "Look at that! They're eating something you made and they don't hate it!"

Cole wraps an arm around you. "Well, you made it too."

You kiss his cheek. "You're sweet."

Guys how do you like the cake?

It's the best Y/N!

Thanks Lloyd.

did you guys know cole helped make that cake?

(all ninja except cole and Y/N) WHAT!? COLE HELPED MAKE THIS AND IT'S GOOD!?

Coles problem was that no one's EVER explained cooking to him.

Just teach him how to cook and he could do well.