Episode 7 - Not All Hope is Lost

Start from the beginning

Cheryl was silent for a while. Looking down at Nate who was shaking a rattle and babbling incessantly.

"I suppose so. But, if it weren't for you and Nate, I would never agree to doing this. And Di, you were never an almost sister. You were already my sister even before Jason proposed. I know I can be a bitch most of the time, but you've stuck with me even if you disagree with what I'm doing. I can do this for you." She said with a smile.

"I need your help convincing Penelope and Clifford, though." Diana told her and Cheryl looked at her with wide eyes.

--------- TIMESKIP (THE NEXT DAY || RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

Jughead entered the Blue and Gold newsroom to see Sheriff Keller and Principal Weatherbee staring at their Jason Blossom murder board. When they noticed him, they looked at him with serious faces.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey." Sheriff Keller replied.

"Uh, what's up?" He asked them.

"I'm gonna need you to come down to the station with me." Sheriff Keller told him and he sighed, nodding.

The three went out of the room and everyone in the hallway stared at him. He saw Betty, Archie and Diana talking by the lockers.

"Juggy?" Diana asked once she noticed him.

"Call my dad." He told them.

"Yeah, yeah we will." Archie agreed.

"Of course." Betty said.

"Guys, we have to do something." Diana told the both of them as they went to call Jughead's dad.

---------- TIMESKIP (IN THE AFTERNOON || POLICE STATION) ----------

Betty sat across from Jughead in the interrogation room.

"I didn't do it, Betty, you have to believe me." Jughead told her.

"Of course, I was with you, and I know who you are." Betty said, grabbing his arm.

"Those Paradise Lost kids went to death row because they wore black and they listened to Metallica. I don't wanna become a scapegoat." Jughead said, opening up to her.

"I'm not gonna let that happen." She said, grabbing his hand and he sighed.

"All the evidence against you is circumstantial. We're gonna get you out of here." She reassured and Jughead sniffled.

"Is my dad here yet?" He asked her.

"Diana and Archie are here with his dad and a lawyer. They're talking to the Sheriff. No one knows where your dad is." Betty told him.

(OUTSIDE THE INTERROGATION ROOM)

Sheriff Keller, Fred Andrews and a lawyer that Diana called were talking.

"Jughead's not helping himself in there. I asked him for an alibi, and he just gave me lip." Sheriff Keller said.

"But do you have actual proof that the boy was the one who did it? If not, you can't hold him." The lawyer stated.

"He was working for me. Yeah, the week of July 11th, was it? Yeah, I had him tear down some drywall for me." Fred told them.

"You can provide me with documentation to support that?" Sheriff Keller asked.

"I have to check my time cards." Fred stated.

Soon, they were all exiting the station, Jughead with them.

"Thanks for coming, Rupert." Diana spoke as she thanked the lawyer.

"A pleasure, Miss Kennedy. Please let me know if you need anything else." He said as he went ahead of them.