"Do you charm all your bulls with witty adages, or is this a scare tactic?"

He let a grin slip over his face. "Maybe both. Let me ask you something before we go on. Are you opposed to bondage?"

My mouth dropped open, and I gaped at him long enough to make it obvious. Vincent responded with a chuckle as he brushed my cheek with the back of his hand.

"You would be tying me up, Reese, not the other way around. For added peace of mind."

"So, multi-purpose, then. I tie you up and have my way with you and also avoid neck punctures." I considered his proposition. Did they make gollum-proof ties? "I've never trusted anyone enough to try bondage. It seems a little crazy to trust a gollum to do it. Does that sound insensitive?"

"I don't know, but I never think well when I'm being seduced. Stay put." Vincent left me standing at the foot of the bed, and I watched his fine backside vanish into the walk-in closet. A moment later, he returned with a tie rack.

"Neckties? Are we really going there?" I said. "Wait, those are ropes. So, it's that kind of fishing cabin."

"I was not in love with any of those women." Vincent pulled four, pre-cut lengths of rope off the rack and, suddenly, things got real. I took a half step back, bumping into the mattress. "Don't worry, Reese," he said, speaking in a soft, husky voice. "You will be the one in control here, but you need to keep your wits and not leave me bound. Can I trust you to do that?"

"Of course, you can trust me. Why would I leave you bound?"

He shrugged. "Words get spoken during the heat of passion, and sometimes it provokes the anger of a sensitive female who didn't get the profession of love she wanted." I stifled my laughter while Vincent shrugged it off. "Like I said. No one stirs me like you do." He tugged on my hand, pulling me onto the bed. "Are you familiar with the Prusik handcuff knot?"

"No, but I have a feeling I'm going to get the ten minute lecture on it." I smirked and he attempted to capture me under his arm, but I ducked away and bolted across the bed on my knees. The bottom of my wing snagged the comforter, holding me in place, and Vincent easily subdued me, unlatching my wing and flipping me over all in one motion.

"I could demonstrate the knot on you first," he said, hovering above my face, all fangs and chiseled muscle. "Would that make the lecture more interesting?"

I pursed my lips. "Maybe next time. If you're worried you might lose it, Vincent, we don't have to cross this border yet."

Vincent shushed me with his claw and I immediately complied. "There will always be some risk with us. I knew that the first time I kissed you, but I will never force you to do anything against your will. So, we can stop here, although I think you'll be glad you didn't chicken-out."

"Chicken-out, huh? Give me those ropes."

Gracing me with a delicious smile, Vincent sat back on his taloned heels, stretching a length of rope between his fingers. "They're all pre-knotted. You just slip one loop over the bedpost and the other over my wrist. Comprenez-vous?"

Trusting me to understand his French, he pressed a kiss to my lips before lying back on the bed, taking a moment to adjust his wings behind him. He seemed more than ready for this.

"Doesn't it hurt to lie on your wings?"

"Not if you arrange yourself right. The weight needs to be on the load-bearing ribs, taking strain off the stabilizers."

"Oh, baby. Talk dirty to me."

I picked up one of the ropes and dragged it across my palm. The strands felt soft to the touch yet strong enough to keep a goliath tied down. I made another pass across my hand, giving it a full inspection, and a low rumble echoed from Vincent's chest. I glanced over to find him watching me intently. This needed to happen now or I would talk myself out of it.