Episode 5 - Goodbyes and New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"Something tells me he would've liked you." Cheryl told Ronnie and Diana nodded in agreement.

"Why did you invite me tonight, Cheryl? Why not Tina? Or Ginger? Aren't they your besties aside from Diana?" Ronnie asked.

"And yet, that night at the pep rally, after I had my panic attack, you and Diana helped me. Not them." Cheryl stated.

Ronnie was about to speak up again when there was a knock on the door. It opened to reveal Penelope carrying a sleepy Nate.

"It's someone's bed time." She said with a smile as she looked down at her grandson.

Diana smiled at her as she got up from her position on the bed.

"I got him Aunt Penelope." Diana told her.

"You and Nate can have Jason's room tonight. All brand-new things for Nate has been set up there. Of course, none of Jason's belongings have been touched. You're free to come over anytime." Penelope told Diana and the girl just gave a smile.

"Thank Aunt Penelope. I guess it's bedtime for my little man. Good night girls, good night Aunt Penelope. Say goodnight to nana, baby." She said, speaking to Nate as the baby yawned.

Penelope went with them to Jason's bedroom, showing her where they had placed all the baby's stuff and leaving afterwards. Diana sighed as she changed Nate and rocked him to sleep. She stood there, swaying back and forth, and looking down at the life that she and Jason had created. Sure, he was created by accident, but Diana would never change a thing. Nathaniel was her living reminder of Jason and his love for her.

"I love you, baby boy." She whispered to her already sleeping son before kissing his forehead and placing him down on the crib.

She made her way to Jason's bed and looked at it. The last time she was in this room, over a year ago, he was still alive, holding her close to him, promising that he would always be there to protect her. She laid down on her usual side of the bed and ran her hand to feel his side. It was cold and empty. She missed his warmth, his smile, his eyes, his personality, but most of all, she missed his love. She didn't notice when she started crying but she couldn't stop the tears.

'I miss you so so so much, Jase. I still can't believe you're gone. I try to be strong for everyone, I even try to move on knowing that you wouldn't want me to be stuck limbo-like forever. Why'd you leave me? Didn't you promise that you'll always be here to protect me? Why'd you break that promise?' She thought as she cried.

'I'm sorry I failed you; that I failed us. I'm sorry I wasn't brave enough to tell you I was pregnant in the first place. I'm sorry that I left without saying goodbye. I'm sorry that you never got to meet our son face-to-face. I'm sorry if I'm starting to fall for someone else. I promise that I'll never forget you, Jase. I just wanna hear your voice one more time. In your last few days, I never got to tell you how much I love you, and how much you meant to me. But most of all, I never got to say goodbye.' She had curled up into a ball when she felt a warm presence around her, almost as if there was something or someone hugging her from behind.

'I love you, Saph. My precious jewel.' It echoed in her mind like it was spoken out loud and she had heard it. She cried even more.

'I love you, Jase. So much. You'll always be a part of me. Tattooed in my heart forever. I promise to help catch whoever did this to you. They will pay.' She thought again before she succumbed into a dreamless sleep.

----------TIMESKIP (THE NEXT DAY || THORNHILL MANSION) ----------

Cheryl, Diana and Veronica were finishing getting ready for the memorial. The guests have already arrived and they were expected downstairs. Nate was in Cheryl's bed, wearing all black as well.